[QOTW] Quote of the Week, April 17th

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Apr 17 03:22:57 EDT 2011

Hello, dearest subscribers. Apologies for last week's lapse in
service -- my only excuse it that it was
tech week, and I was
consequently too brain-dead to submit funny things. I think we should be
back on a
regular schedule from here on.

Last week's winner was Caleb
W., with this worrisome yet friendly observation:
"I've been thinking
about this. Like, if you die, it's better to have the whole world die
with you. It's
more community oriented."

This week's choices,
featuring a surplus of humorous Haber hilarity:

"This is so nice -- I'd
much rather have life than death!"
- Mr. Limperis, on his 7th period
class' energy, compared that of the previous one

"Water droplets bead
up on surfaces because they have the lowest surface area, so they don't
have to
touch the things they don't like."
"Which is why armadillos
roll into balls, so they don't have to touch things they don't
like!"
"Which is why when a truck hits them armadillos roll into a ball
so that the least amount of them dies."
- Ben K., Gabriel S., and Ben
again, reviewing for a chem test

"At my old house there were these
windows and when I got angry I would bite the sills. And they tasted
good!"
- Eloise

"The ideal flapper body type is Asa."
- Ms. Haber,
explaining the 1920s shift toward a skinny and androgynous image of the
perfect woman

"You wouldn't think multiplication was such a high risk
job, but a lot of people died of multiplication
back then."
- Mr.
Sherry

"He's the black Wilson with the funny hat!"
- Ms. Haber on
Marcus Garvey

"And then he jumped over a wall and he started swinging a
sword around and killing people and it was
AWESOME. I wasn't there,
but..."
- Julia, describing Alexander the Great in battle

"Guys like
Matt are the reason I'm straight."
- Kailash (context unknown, and
believe me, I'm curious...)

"You know that look that models get where
they look like they've been hit in the head with an anvil?"
- Ms.
Haber

Please do vote! Simply reply to this email, listing your top
however-many-you-like choices. Further
instructions are available at
http://www.qotw.net/voting.php

Also, please do remember to submit! It's
very easy (http://www.qotw.net/submit.php), and it makes this
whole
thing run much, much more smoothly.

If you've not yet signed up for the
Honorable Mentions emails, which are sent out whenever a good number of

excess submissions build up, consider doing so. Just send an email to
honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net.

Enjoy, vote, and (please, please,
please) submit --
Asa "I can't dance" Goodwillie