[QOTW] Quote of the Week, April 24

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Mon Apr 25 00:17:59 EDT 2011

 	Hey! I was a little caught up with actual work this weekend since I
 had no time for it yesterday, inconvenienced by conventions and all
 that. Ha ha, no, you say; you were playing Ace of Spades all day and you
 probably got your arse metaphorically kicked. Well, no. I was actually
 doing work, although if you would be so kind as to call Ace of Spades as
 researching battle tactics in various wars for US History, I reply. No,
 I refuse, you say. Well, fine. Be that way. I was doing work for most of
 the day. You ask how long is most of the day? I tell you to shut up and
 forget this paragraph was ever written.
 Winner was Mrs. Haber, saying "The ideal flapper body type is Asa."

 Quotes this week:

 "Not THAT kind of Mind and Body workshop!"
 --Jay Rauch, upon observing freshmen PDA outside the library (in which
 a Mind and Body workshop was going on)

 "Once you hit menopause no one wants you anymore."
 --Alex D-I ,describing how women are evolutionarily irrelevant after
 they hit menopause

 "Getting things in on time is *very* important in marriage"
 --Ms. Haber

 "There was no 'Leave room for Jesus.' It was, like, 'Leave room for the
 12 apostles.'"
 --Marielle, on her middle school dances

 "You didn't know I was a Jew? Have you not been looking at me for three
 years?"
 --Josh Nasal…err…Nadel

 "I LOVE France! Except I do laugh a lot at French people..."
 --Danny Makholm

 "Walking through the sewers of Boston wearing clothes made of
 cheesecloth is more fun than Monopoly."
 --Dan Fries

 "British Columbia is one of the biggest providences of China! Wait, I
 mean-"
 --Mark S.

 "...and then it woke up in the middle of the night, realized it was
 alone, panicked and was like, "MOOOOMMMMYYYYYYY-!"  And it wouldn't stop
 chirping until I went downstairs and petted it and tucked it back in.
 And it apparently did this again at  4 AM.  I'm never having kids."
 --Rui, on raising a gosling

 "If Mr. Wharton and Mr. Whelan had a lovechild, it would be Wheaton
 college." --Simon

 http://www.qotw.net/submit.php
 http://www.qotw.net/subscribe.php
 http://www.qotw.net/voting.php
  This would have been a lot easier if you stopped sniping me from the
 hillside.

 --Shaul “Quotes overdue, I’m feeling blue: No portal 2, nor Doctor Who”
 Vin