[QOTW] Quote of the Week Sunday April 3

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Apr 3 01:53:59 EDT 2011

 You'll probably waiting for QOTW on Tuesday night because I was lazy
 sor in a coma or something, but APRIL FOOLS! IT'S ON TIME!

 Hey it's that thing you could have sworn had died for a month!
 And it's not just not dead (contrary to undead, which depends on how
 much sleep we get), but it’s not dead –and- has plenty of submissions!
 Like, a little less than 2 e-mails worth! Although apparently I had been
 really witty this month or everyone's sense of humor had gone and died,
 but 4 of those submissions were cast out for writer’s bias (wait…doesn’t
 that mean I'm biased –against- my quotes?) and we have enough for a
 little more than one submission! Last week…uhh…two weeks ag-…err…three
 we…hmm…Last e-mail ago, Mr. Wharton won by a small landslide (so more of
 a displaced-dirt-flowing-down-a-stream), saying "Mark…don't be a jerk."
 Important life lesson there: never derive your accelerations, or Mark
 will happen.
 	Submissions this week:
 "I can just imagine Vanderbuilt going to this guy's cottage and saying
 'What are you calling your cottage, young man?' and he'd say 'It's
 called Chateau Nooga' and Vanderbuilt'd be like 'Well, there goes the
 neighborhood, you jerk!'"
 --Ms. Haber, on rich guys' pretentious cottage names

 "It's about adults and teenagers hitting the shuttlecock at 200 miles
 per hour."
 --Jay Rauch on badminton

 "The clock strikes 12, the party is over and the Mongols all come in
 and turn everybody into pumpkins"
 --Mrs. Haber

 "It was a machine to stably sort cards using LSD. Well, actually, you
 would physically use LSD..."
 --Mario Alvarez's CompSci professor

 "And she was like brumbrumbrumbrum and I was like stop it lady, you
 sound like a lawnmower"
 --Paraphrase of statement by Alex Bryan about a visitor's mother

 "Mr. Speaker, I'd like to point out that my opponent just made some of
 the most stupidest points in the history of existence!"
 --Tahmid

 "It's like two-dimensional baseball!"
 --Mr. Conolly, deriding Ms. Grant and Ms. Jackman's interest in the
 India-Pakistan cricket match
 [In cricket’s defense, having baseball on an actual 3D playing field
 sounds pretty awesome]

 "What? No, irrationals are, like, 'hey, dude, I'm gonna pop my
 collar.'"
 --Mark

 "I've been thinking about this. Like, if you die, it's better to have
 the whole world die with you. It's more community oriented."
 --Caleb Weinreb while talking about nuclear explosions

 "I still write it...When I'm home alone I write it"
 --Ms. Cyrier, on using SOHCAHTOA

 Submit: http://qotw.net/submit.php
 Subscribe (Honorable Mentions): http://qotw.net/subscribe.php
 Vote: http://qotw.net/voting.php