[QOTW] Valentine's Day Assembly (2/8–2/14)

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Mon Feb 17 13:16:14 EST 2020

Welcome to the Quote of the Week Valentine’s Day Assembly. I would like
to begin with a brief moment of silence in memory of the old QOTW
Uncensored mailing list.

Thank you.

Now then, I’d like to thank COMMunity for helping put the assembly
together as well as putting up the decorations. We have a great assembly
for you today. I’m especially looking forward to the speech by Miles and
Milo regarding their winning quote from last week...

Miles: “The Vatican should send a team to the Olympics”
Milo: “But they are completely made up of … old clergy”
Miles: “With a little divine intervention, anything’s possible!”

In addition, we will have poems, songs, and dramatic recitations on the
topics of love and quotes. First off though, we have Wilder presenting
this week’s quotes:

1. “I want you to have nightmares of ‘ir’ chasing you to the edge of a
cliff where you fall into an abyss of subjunctives.” —Mr. Perez

2. “There’s more money than God in this room.” —Delegate at MITMUNC,
Facebook committee.

3. Ella: Nick’s in Venice, but it wasn’t his choice.
Entire class at once: OH POOR ME, I HAVE TO GO TO VENNNNICE.

4. “Kyla, can I have a wet sponge to fix the gaping cracks in my life?”
—Collin in ceramics

5. (on googling the answers to CS homework)
Rohan: Isn’t that academic dishonesty?
Mr. Singer: Well… it’s academic creativity.

6. “Saying ‘wicked smaht’ is a great way to let everyone know that you
are not, in fact, wicked smart.” —Ted

7. “We look forward to this process and to hearing from all your voices
… except Chris’s.” —New Headmaster Consulting Dude

8. Anand: I’m getting brainwashed at this camp.
Sophia: Your brain cannot be washed, it’s too dirty.

9. “Yeah, I know what boxes are” —Kate, on boxes

10. “Unlike Tie Day, Condom Day is not an opportunity” —Mr. Wharton

(several acts later...)

And there’s the bell. Chairs against the wall. Class meetings.

—Wilder “not involved with QOTW Uncensored but sad to see it go anyway”
Perkins