[QOTW] Commonwealth gripped by a deadly Plague! Among the casualties: Anand Hudson, Christopher Maffucci...

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sat Feb 22 13:56:53 EST 2020

Hello fellow survivors,

I hope you are all well, but I come with news. Recent Studies show that
an overwhelming 71% of Commonwealth has fallen sick to the Commonwealth
Plague of 2020, This novel virus has a 10% fatality rate. Among the
fallen is your very own Christopher "doesn't log out of the QOTW email"
Maffucci-Fitanides, honorable QOTW host and Leek writer. His place will
be taken by whoever wins this weeks edition of QOTW.  Meanwhile, Mr.
Wharton has managed to stay plague-free, and also handily defeated Colin
last week to win with his quote about condoms.

Here are some of the contenders:

“I love the black plague!” —Mr. Perez, on how great the black plague was

Susan: “What do you call those pants?”
Chris: “Arthur.”

Miles, completely out of the blue: “Do you ever dream about being a
notary?”

“Mr. Perez has much nicer handwriting than me. That’s because he was
raised in a communist country.” —Ms. Grant

“Who is Ay-Lock?”  —Michael, reading Alok’s name in the art calendar

“This is boring.” —Nina Letarte, visiting her father’s Stats class

“Can we put it towards deodorant for freshmen?” —Izziy on the senior
class gift

“You know what goes well with coronavirus? Lime disease!” —Ms. Haber,
context unknown

Thomas, on Pip: He's a little BETA!
Mr. Kerner: I can see this will be a recurring motif in this class.

Ted: I’ll be fine in Chem. Mr. Wolff is my advisor, so if I’m doing bad
I’ll just go to him and he’ll—
Chris: And he’ll be like “find yourself a new advisor.”

The Best of luck to all the candidates.

My condolences to the cliques of the fallen,
Michael "Designated Survivor" Karezin