[QOTW] Special Arcadia Edition

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sat Nov 16 12:38:44 EST 2019

Welcome everyone,

Please silence all your smartphones, dumbphones, amishphones, pagers,
landlines, tin cans on strings, smoke signals, and any pirate radio
apparatuses broadcasting freedom across the MTV-enslaved corporatocracy
we call the US of A.  Those free flowin' vibe shakin' tunes of brotherly
love will just have to wait.  I am here to welcome you all to the
Special Arcadia Edition of QOTW, and I think that we can all say that
this paragraph's performance is a true testament to what can be created
when you take a time-strapped QOTW writer and make him come up with a
subject for his email before Sunday at 10:00.  There are actually no
exits in this theater, but instant salvation from fire, stampedes,
bombs, cave-ins, and global warming can be reached by clicking the
"subscribe" or "submit" button.  Refreshments can be obtained by sending
quotes to qotw at qotw.net.  There will now be a brief intermission while
we show this week's quotes:

This weeks winner was Chris MF's rather tone-deaf quote about Michael's
"cold, unforgiving Soviet eyes."  Nothing a little nepotism can't fix.

1. “Obviously, sexuality is stored in the arm” —Unknown freshman

2. “I am so mad at you, Collin, I'm going to draw a graph” —Anand

3. “You guys ever drink vermouth? Wait, no, I can’t ask that.” —Mr.
Kerner

4. “Who was absent from fencing this month?...physically, I mean.” —Elif

5. “We only practice humane guillotining.” —Collin

6. Ben: “Are you having a morning?”
    Izziy: “No, I’m having a life.”

7. “Working at Harvard doesn't make you cool.” —Noa Popko

8. Dina: We have a shared corpus of really bad jokes pinging back and
forth between our brains.
    Milo: That’s what friendship is! [Also what QOTW is —Wilder]

9. “Let’s be men and go upstairs” —Alan

10. “Yeah, you’ll do great on the Buddhism section ‘cause you’re pretty
*detached*.” —Miles K, on Chris’ test outlook

So there you have it- all the best quotes from this week that people
bothered to send in.  Please send in all your votes by 5:00 PM on
Friday.  NOTE:  Sending in quotes has actually been proven to decrease
the risk of a un-witty heart attack by 75%.

Chris "enjoys bribery" MF