[QOTW] Court of the Week [11/10/17]

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Nov 10 10:00:59 EST 2019

Greetings jurists,

You are now entering the Quote of the Week courtroom. (Voice from
offstage: "Objection! This isn't really a courtroom!") Actually, random
lawyer, it is a courtroom, because I said so. Overruled. I presume you
have already sworn or affirmed to tell the quotes, the whole quotes, and
nothing but the quotes, so I'll skip that part. Here is where we judge
which quotes are worthy of the title of Quote of the Week, and which
quotes are guilty of... Defamation. This week, we have 10 fresh,
hopefully non-defamatory quotes for you to vote on.

The jury has found the following quote to be last week’s winner:
Vivian: Feminism’s meeting in…
Avery Mangum: WHERE?!?!?!
Kate: IN THE KITCHEN!!!!!

On to the quotes, some of which, as you may have guessed from the intro,
were said during last week's performance of Defamation:

“Integrals are like French toast.” —Nathan

“If I catch you looking at me in the yearbook I will fail all of you.”
—Mónica

“The site is really old—I mean, it was designed when Anna Moss was a
student.” —Chris Maffucci-Fitandes on the QOTW website

“Does your funeral count as a club?” —Kate

“Maybe I even have the ability to commune with the dead” —Mr. Letarte

“In the court of law, I like the law” —Romen

“We need a Red Scare at Commonwealth.” —Chris Milan

“Forget about Disney World!” —Mr. Perez on Hajj business opportunities

“It’s your cold, unforgiving Soviet eyes.” —Chris, on determining
Michael’s ethnicity

“This time I included how to write a good paragraph because I said it
orally last time but I just wanted to make sure the message would
actually get across. Okay, so first, bribe the teacher very generously.”
—Ms. Grant during Medieval explaining a study guide

Please make sure to get your votes in for this week's quotes by Friday
at 5:00 pm, and keep sending in quotes so Quote of the Week can continue
to be weekly. The court has now been adjourned.

Sincerely,
Judge Wilder Perkins