[QOTW] Secret Santa/Saturn Edition [12/15/19]

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Dec 15 18:37:45 EST 2019

Well, the last week of school in 2019 is almost upon us, and you know
what that means: Secret Santa (AKA Secret Saturn). But before that,
we’re spreading the holiday cheer with this week’s edition of Quote of
the Week. It was a close one, but last week’s winner was:
“Unfortunately, we’re learning today.” —Mr. Singer

Now for this week’s particularly political set of quotes:

1. “The witches in Act 1 scene 1 are like a professional soccer team and
the people in Act 2 scene 2 are like a bunch of eight-year-olds who
don’t know how to pass the ball.” —Ilaria

2. “This deer is being too wily” —Ms. Eskelund, on wily animals in Eden

3. “Parth is a dumb version of himself.” —Elias

4. “When God misses a minus sign, Mr. Barsi accelerates across the
entire universe” —Collin

5. “There should be a Commonwealth NRA” —Romen

6. “U Are Awful, U Are Gross, U Go Away” — Ms. Sundberg’s mnemonic for
RNA stop codons

7. “He’s such a little BETA!” Thomas on Macbeth

8. Rep. Romen on his constituents ignoring him: “I’m like a sad little
wandering merchant.”
Kate: “Selling what?”
Romen, stoically: “Democracy.”

9. “Isn’t falafel mostly beans and dirt and grass clippings and such?”
—Chris

10. *discussing increased immigration to America in the 1840s, including
Russian immigration*
Amelia: “Where did the Russians come from??”
Ms. Haber: “Russia”

In the spirit of this season of giving, please give us some votes so
that I don’t have to do spend 10 minutes doing tiebreakers.

Happy Holidays,
Wilder “Commmmmgress” Perkins