[QOTW] Snow Day

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sat Dec 7 14:33:40 EST 2019

Good Morning,

Hopefully everyone is enjoying the lovely weather.  QOTW will soldier on
through the rain and snow and continue publishing while the (T) gives up
and sits around waiting for the snow on the subway tracks to melt.  The
Ancient Egyptians got by fine without any snow days.  Even if the school
is sinking into the ground or melting or being vaporized by a green guy
in a spaceship, life will go on.
We might have to cancel first period, though.  Can't have English 10 if
there's vaporization happening- only chem.  You can do your part by
nagging your friends to subscribe or by signing up for honorable
mentions (LINKS ARE AT THE BOTTOM.)

This week we had a lot of quotes due to the extra time from
Thanksgiving.  Anand barely edged out close contenders Izziy and Letarte
for his second win with "The helium is not a 5-year old, Chris!"

1. I’m the female version of Ayn Rand. Please submit that to Quote of
the Week. —Elias

2. Technically, if you pinch me, and Elias Melcher is President, I can
send my McNukes and child soldier army to your house. That's how the NAP
works, you America-hating Liberal. -Romen

3. The Party Machine sounds like a bad band name. —Amelia O, on the
Democratic party machine

4. Portuguese is drunk person Spanish. —Nevan

5. Twinkies—you know, they’re made of Chernobyl. —Mark White

6. God, is that really our legacy? —Sophia Weil ’19 on The Nicolas Cage
Corner

7. Pulled pork is good, but God is better. —Maya

8. Paradise Lost is just Bible fan fiction —Dina

9. Unfortunately, we’re learning today. —Mr. Singer

10. If Doctor Eagle does it, I do it— that’s my general rule in life.
—Caleb

There you have it.  Send in votes by 5 PM Eastern Time Friday.
Honorable Mentions will be very good this week, so make sure you sign up
and tell your friends to.