[QOTW] Quote of the Week, May 15th

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Tue May 15 10:07:44 EDT 2012

Happy Tuesday, Quoters!  (It's more fun when the release date is
unexpected, right, right?  Like, you didn't think we would ever do it
but then the fact that we did -- period, even if it's late -- was this
super-fantastic surprise and bright spot in your morning?)

I'm doing this right now because Tahmid was busy, so if you're sick of
me, take it up with him.  Also criticize him for phrasing his request
for me to send the message out as: "I bit off more than I could chew…
and now I have to regurgitate some of it into your mouth."  That
quotation, by the way, *is* up for voting.

Not enough people voted despite telling me in person lots of the
choices from last week were funny, though I was overwhelmed by the
number of submissions.  Someday we will get this equilibrium right.  In
the meantime, the winner was Emma Sunog when she said Asa was like
Google, knowing everything but not known to anyone.  I wonder what his
response was?  Here are the quotations, but first, a public service
announcement: If you find at least one quotation funny, vote, okay?
Vote like this, dude(tte):

"Look, I'm just saying it wasn't all 'We're off to see the Wizard!
[gallop, gallop, gallop]'."
- Asa

"No, diminutivizer is not a word"
- Taeer while trying to come up with the perfect word for an English
essay.

"Like Sesame Street, this class is brought to you by the heavy clunking
sound."
-Ms. Brewster

"It smells like C-section!"
-Jay R, walking into the gym

Ms. Bluestein: "I've got to collect all the ballots for student trustee
now..."
Griff: "Wait, wait, I have extra time!"

"Yes it's inefficient, but look at how many types of toothpaste we
have!"
-Mr. Sherry, on monopolistic competition

"Can you repeat that question, but without any pronouns?"
-Mr. Clifford

"I'm pretty sure Kim Kardashian does it."
-Ms. Kane, trying to convince Alina to put avocado in her hair.

Sophie: Just look at this, its SO hipster.
Keller: What is it?
Hannah: Hipsters… [shakes head at object of inquiry]
Keller: Then what am *I* looking at?

Hannah K-H: I'll probably come visit [Commonwealth] again because I'm
bored as shit in Scituate
Alina: How long have you been home?
Hannah: 1 day.

We have a shocking 23 honorably mentionable sayings to pass along; I'm
going to do those in one second!  While you wait, how about submitting?
[  ]

Something else super-exciting is that Tahmid and I have been courting
sophomores about running this thing, and one has accepted!  Guess who?
(This is rhetorical, if you guess we will neither confirm or deny the
student you pick, because this is a Big Secret.  Also it might confuse
us because this person is quoted a lot, we could thing it was a vote.)

Sophie "Pyramus and Thisbe nao, also Judith Butler" Bucci