[QOTW] Quote of the Week April 9th

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Mon Apr 9 20:15:11 EDT 2012

Not too many votes this week, but tons of submissions!  (Also, I have
no idea why Tahmid spelled Mr. Sherry’s name so wrong).  Three speakers
tied for the top two quotations: Anika, who defined egotesticle as,
being "egotistical in a particularly male way...like, look at all these
boars I slew!," and Colin, who told Julia that his pants were angry
rather than plaid.  Personally, I thought Alex and Nayab talking about
ben Kim deserved more votes.

Mattie: "I've caught up"
Jackson: "With My Little Pony Friendship is Magic or Methods of
Rationality?"

"She will be discussing the assumptions behind slutwalk... Come
straight down on Thursday."
"Should we dress appropriately?"
"No -- Well, wait, I mean yes, APPROPRIATELY."
-- Mr Wharton and a student

"I'm still having visions of naked... statues... and not in a good
way." -Mr. Conolly on post-Italy exhaustion

"People are like, 'You wouldn't borrow money from your grandchildren,
would you?! You wouldn't steal your grandchildren's retirement money!'
And you're just like, 'My grandchildren already have retirement money?
Woo hoo! You're on your own, kids!'"-Mr. Sherry, on bad arguments
against deficit spending.

"It looks kind of like you're a T-Rex trying to do the
Macarena."-Astrid O.

"Respect is different from sex. If I say I respect something, that
doesn't mean I had sex with it."-Astrid O.

["Stop it! I'm never going to say anything awesome ever again!"-Astrid]

"It's like the Weight Watchers version of our class!"
-Alina, on the fact that English 12 was missing four people

"That sounds delicious! [confused look from Mark] I wouldn't eat it! It
sounds immoral...and delicious!" -Asa, on a ham and bacon grilled cheese
Unfortunately no on caught Mr. Wharton’s comment about third-base (*in
baseball!*) quickly enough to transpose it accurately – all my attempts
at remembering the wording were just convoluted and unfunny.  Do you
guys prefer being reminded of funny things from the week you probably
all witnessed, like quotations from recess, or reading new things?  It
seems like our winners by vote are often ones everyone was there for.

I also figure it might be cool to mention that we have a couple of
uncensored quotations lying around waiting to be sent out  -- someday
soon, those will go to the honorable mention folks (no sense making a
new mailing list).  If you don’t want to receive this kind of smut, you
should remove yourself for a bit, then we will tell you via regular QOTW
when it’s safe to go back on.

On the other hand, if this has made you interested when you weren’t
before, go here: honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net!  And to submit,
use this: http://www.qotw.net/submit.php.

Thank you for smoking,
Sophie “sickened by Ruth and Tahmid’s email exchanges using the QOTW
account” Bucci