[QOTW] Quote of the Week, May 15th

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun May 15 02:21:21 EDT 2011

Hello, dear readers. I hope you're coping with medieval research
papers, the aftermath of APs, college finals, and
whatever other
frantic end-of-the-year madness may have been visited upon you.

This
week's voting was bizarre, in that there was hardly any of it. We
received only two ballots! Consequently we ended
up with a tie between
the following:

"All these people next to me are saying, 'Hola' and 'Que
tal' and I'm just thinking, how can you be normal, our breasts are
all
pressed up together!"
- Anika, convincing Asa to go to Spain with an
impassioned explanation of a discoteca

"The last assignment sheet and
this assignment sheet are intertwined. Not in a suggestive way."
- Ms.
Grant

Congratulations to both of you. I feel I should mention in
Anika's defense (and perhaps my own, as well) that her
description of
the discoteca moment was given not so much as a reason why I'd enjoy
Spain as a reason why she needed
company there.

In a bizarre but
welcome complement to the paltry two votes, we got a ridiculous number
of submissions this week!
Well done, you. Now keep it up! Don't let this
one week go to your heads. We have, of course, a lovely little
easy-to-use
submission tool right here:
http://www.qotw.net/submit.php

This week's choices:

"What does the
E.M. in E.M. Forster stand for? Eliza Minnelli?"
- David

"That's just,
like, an inside joke of the universe."
- Ethan, on how Poland is always
doing badly

"We're just friends! There's no hanky-panky going on with
cubes!"
- Mr. Sherry on Platonic solids

"I feel like Ms. Cyrier is
definitely the sort of person who could be from Ohio."
- Mr.
Clifford

"Protists are like a recycling bin. They're like the
Hufflepuffs of the natural world!"
- Lydia

"Can I tell you our flood
story? Because it's better than Noah's."
- Aurelie on field tenting at
Hancock

"Speaking French is like swallowing a squirrel."
- Thomas
M.

"I mean, I feel guilty, I do..."
"No you don't! You're a sociopath!
Stop pretending!"
- Josh and Ben Ku., discussing Josh's lack of remorse
after losing BPL books.

"I'm fascinated by throwing things into the
trash and seeing where they land."
- Mr. Limperis

"I like children when
they're horizontal."
- Emma B-W

Vote, please! It's not difficult --
simply reply to this email with your top one/few/many choice(s) ranked
in a numbered list.
More detailed instructions are available here:
http://www.qotw.net/voting.php

Sign up for the Honorable Mentions list,
if you haven't done so already (honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net).

This week's flood of submissions means we'll actually have an Honorable
Mentions email soon!

Please do continue this wonderful submission
trend. It's very nice.

Enjoy,
Asa "even I resent this cold a day in the
middle of May" Goodwillie