[QOTW] Quote of the Week, May 29th

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun May 29 02:31:42 EDT 2011

Hello, all you loyal readers. It's been a couple of weeks, due to
Hancock, but here we are, once again...

The winner from two weeks ago
was Aurélie, with an appropriately Hancock-themed warning:
"Can I tell
you our flood story? Because it's better than Noah's."
Congratulations,
Aurélie!

This week's choices:

"Hello? Hello? ... HELLO? HE- Oh, it's a
text message."
- Miriam answering Josie's phone

Melanie: "Maybe Banquo
was past childbearing age... [laughter] you know, because men don't go
through menopause."
Mr. Davis: "Oh yes, they do!"

"Strapless is
acceptable; topless is not."
- Mr. Hodgkins, on appropriate chorus
attire for graduation

"Don't screw with me, I read the whole MEH
textbook. You trying to get me to invade Russia in the winter? Screw
that,
I read the MEH textbook!"
- Talia L. (mildly censored), on
reviewing for the AP

"This is obvious to many of your parents, maybe
not to you... Reproduction has a cost."
- Mr. Clifford

"I think she's
been on the rails of bitter irony for the whole book!"
- Matt B.,
embarking on a rather cynical train (hurr hurr) of thought in
Disquieting Fiction

"If I just massaged a piece of lead, I wouldn't
die."
- Caleb W., explaining lead poisoning

"Wow, I can't believe that
animals just, like, walk around all the time."
- Layla

"They're not
called 'The Law Abiding Military Citizens,' are they? They're
romanticizing brigands!"
- Mr. Clifford, on sports teamed named things
like "The Pirates," etc.

"You're nothing but a congealed glob of
shaving cream on the ear of the world."
- Dan F.

Vote, as usual, in a
http://www.qotw.net/voting.php

There is, for once, no need to submit,
as this is the last weekly email of the year! Next week we'll send out
an
email with all of the weekly winners and you can vote on them. The
week after we'll send out the grand Quote
of the Year finale, in which
you can expected such wonders as the Quote of the Year, the Most
Quotable Person
of the Year, and the fabled William Jennings Bryan
Award.

A bloated Honorable Mentions email will shortly follow this one;
if you aren't already signed up, well, it's too
late for you, I'm
afraid.

Enjoy, vote, and relish in the fact that you don't need to feel
guilty about not submitting.
- Asa "may you catch your exams sneaking up
on you before it's too late" Goodwillie