[QOTW] Quote of the Week, December 11th

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Dec 11 16:04:09 EST 2011

Hello one and all!

Let this be testament to our promise that quote of the week will be
sent on a weekly basis from now on till the ending of the world (i.e.
when Sophie and I are no longer the quoters).

We did receive a handful of quotes and votes this week, and I'd
strongly encourage you to keep it up! Take the thirty seconds off of
your day to submit so that the many children starving for some happiness
in this world can get it. Just imagine the smiles on their faces when
those poor kids receive all of Commonwealth's humor condensed into one
satisfying e-mail! Wouldn't you want to be a part of that?

Anyhow, last week's winner was Alex the fencing coach. Because I can't
find a way to cleverly weave the quotation into one of my sentences like
my english teachers taught me to do, I'll just give it to you:

"He is like a panda bear. Big, silly, fuzzy panda bear. And what do you
do with panda bears?" - Alex
"Hug them...?" - fencer
"NO! You HIT them!" - Alex

We all love that lovable panda bear Ben Kim!

Now, onto this week's quotes! Thank you to Brenna, who singe handedly
made up a third of this week's submissions!

"You want my number?? 617...BAM winning is my number."
-Lexie, on how girls don't actually need muscles to arm wrestle if they
just seduce the person they're wrestling.

"POST HARDCORE INDIE METAL, FTWWW!!"
-Matt Boudreau

"Ra's so tough, smoking Wrigley's..."
-Brenna

"I'm asking a question, but really I'm calling you a fuckhead. It's all
in the subtext."
-Brenna, explaining Shakespeare

"Capital 'W' for that wench. She earned it."
-Brenna, advocating for First Folio capitalization

"The demons...the Republicans"
-Mr. Wharton correcting himself

"Let's just say I have a way with talking to spinach."
-Mr. Clifford

"That's right, next time you look at me, know that I'm not just a
teacher. I'm the hand of God!"
-Larry

"I love the smell of sizzling human flesh!"
- Tricia during a discussion over what lunch smells like

As always, if you find these funny, vote vote vote! Instructions are
here: http://www.qotw.net/voting.php
And unless you're some cruel, heartless fiend who laughs at other
children's suffering and hates spreading happiness, make next week's
e-mail even better by submitting! Just use this lovely little tool:
http://www.qotw.net/submit.php.

And as mentioned before, there are a handful of quotes that were not
used (although quite bad they were) so keep your ears up for an
honorable mentions. That is, if I ever get around to writing it! You can
subscribe by sending an email to honorablementions_subscribe at qotw.net.

Enjoy!
Tahmid "I can't believe this is being sent at 4 in the evening instead
of 2:00 Monday morning" Rahman