[QOTW] Quote of the Week, December 4th, 2011 (Zombie Edition)

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Dec 4 20:18:22 EST 2011

Salutations dear readers!

The start of december undoubtedly brings
nostalgia for the past couple months of school, but

it also sparks a
flash of excitement for what will arrive. It is in the name of this

excitement that I present to you (drumroll please) the very first
Quote of the Week! Yes, it is back, and its

staff (me and Sophie Bucci)
will be held responsible for regular weekly e-mails from this day
henceforth

under pain of death. Or on second thoughts, how about just
brutal, agonizing, and merciless nagging?

First order of business:
Please accept my sincerest apologies for not having sent an e-mail
sooner.

There, I've said it. Now let's move on!

Last week's winner
was... yep, you guessed it! No one! But while we're talking about
winners, don't

forget to vote. We here in America like a little
something called a democracy, and it is your

duty as freedom loving
Americans to vote! Seriously, would you really want to give me the
tyrannical

power of deciding your winner for you?

Here are quotes
dating back to the start of the year:

"Micro: little, macro:big...
that's not actually what it means. Anyone any ideas?"

[No response]

"Ooh great, I can teach you whatever I want!"-Mr. Sherry

Mr.
Adebiyi: "I've decided to move your test to Monday..."

Alina: "God
DOES exist!!!"

Mr. Whelan: "Is quarreling with people a skill?"

Ned:
"Sam would think so."

Sam W: "I disagree!!!"

"I can't give you a
name, but I can give you his initials. And he's not here because he's

at a college meeting. And he doesn't like to stand up for
announcements!"

- Mr. Sherry, on the one student who hadn't turned in
an assignment

"It's traditionalized hazing. Just like 'WHOOZ A GOOD
BOY'

'WHOOZ A GOOD BOY'

'U R'

'U R'

thats epic parent hazing"

- Tamjid, on the First Freshman Couple announcements.

"If I were a
cat, and I heard that, I would think it was one of my close relatives
being murdered."

- Hayley Ehrenfeld, in chorus, upon singing high
notes no one should ever be forced to sing

Mr. Sherry: "Students in my
economics and linear algebra classes, check your email: you have
homework."

Ms. Jackman: "Have you had class yet?"

Sherry: "No."

Jackman: "I say again, add/drop forms are available outside the front
office..."

- Mr. Sherry and Ms. Jackman at announcements

"I was
blonde but now I see"

- Adria

"I don't want to say he's like sex,
because that cheapens him." - Julia, on Ryan Gosling

"He is like a
panda bear. Big, silly, fuzzy panda bear. And what do you do with panda
bears?"

"Hug them...?"

"NO! You HIT them!"

- Alex, a fencing
coach, talking about Ben Kim

"But the reason I screamed was because
the email was SO badly worded."

-Ms. Haber, on an email informing her
that her friend was hit by a car

"You could power the world with a
buttered cat."

-Asa, combining the buttered toast always lands
butter-side-down

and cats always land on their feet phenomena into

"What would happen if you put butter on the back of a cat?"

Vote,
please! It's not difficult -- simply reply to this email with your top
one/few/many choice(s) ranked in a numbered list.
More detailed
instructions are available here: http://www.qotw.net/voting.php.

Sign
up for the Honorable Mentions list, if you haven't done so already
(honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net).
The stack of submissions from
the beginning of the year means we might have an Honorable Mentions
email soon!

Tahmid "Hey guys! I finally get to imitate Shaul and Asa!"
Rahman