[QOTW] Quote Of The Week, May 23rd

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun May 23 01:41:43 EDT 2010

Dear QOTW subscribers-
Clearly we haven't been nagging you hard enough of
late, as this week's email is a bit lacking in submissions.
Well, either
that or you're all too stressed by the year's end madness to be
funny.
Either way, we're a bit short on submissions, and while I'm sorry
for that, you need only submit more, and it won't happen again.

Last
week's winner was Ms. Bluestein, who said, after witnessing "A Maritime
Romance", Gautam and Dan's priceless ode to Allie:
"Allie, I never thought
of you as a free-floating sexual object before."
Really, Ms. Bluestein? I
can't imagine why not...

This week's woefully small set:

"He's like the
captain of the lacrosse team in the showers... the ideal of manhood."
- Ms.
Grant, on Michelangelo's David

"Are you vegan? You have a vegan air about
you. She looks vegan, don't you think? Hm. Well this is getting
interesting... No, no, we won't go there."
- Mr. Vollrath, to Julia
Kelly

"I just lost my razor blades under my radiator. And no, that's not a
euphemism."
- Alex Grant

"Don't play like that all the time or else you
sound like a little crackhead running around in circles."
- Mark
White

"Whenever I have a script in my hand I just want to hit someone."
-
Emma Sunog

"Weren't you young once, Mr. Davis?"
"Never."
- Jesse and Mr.
Davis during an attempt on the part of the former to move class
outside

"But what if it's a really comfortable toilet?"
-Shaul, taking a
discussion of the pros and cons of going home between school and the jazz
concert just that extra little bit too far

There you have them, all seven
of them... enjoy! Enjoy and vote. It's very easy to vote, and more of you
should totally do it: just reply to this email with your top however many
choices you'd like to rank. More detailed instructions are here:
http://www.qotw.net/voting.php
Think about subscribing to the sporadic
Honorable Mentions email if you haven't already. To sign up, send an email
to honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net.

Most importantly: SUBMIT! Bake my
(well, Shaul's, next week) life easier and yours just that little bit more
full of comedy.
Submissions go through this handy little tool:
http://www.qotw.net/submit.php

Hope you're all having passably pleasant
weekends,
Asa "oh hey there, finals, didn't see you creepin' up on me like
that" Goodwillie