[QOTW] Quote of the Week, May 17

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Mon May 17 01:21:01 EDT 2010

Dear everyone. _Ever_.

 You're on a roll! Even though you guys had only
three submissions after Hancock (four, two of which were the same), I can't
blame you for because the camp tampers with people's memories. Why else
would I have sent this e-mail until 1:00 AM on Monday? Even so, combined
with the school week before, we managed to get ten quotes and a whole
_entire_ Honorable Mentions submission! Our winner from last week was Ms.
Grant, saying "Oh, Kennedy... I had a crush on him when I was five. My
kindergarten boyfriend wanted Nixon to win. That was the end of the
relationship."
 Submitting is a fun and awesome thing to do. You should
totally try it, if you didn't. And if you did it already and still aren't
having said fun and awesome time, you aren't submitting hard enough. While
I'm quite happy to have this nice chain of sufficient quotes (just as all
of the big due dates for papers, AP's, Finals, and everything else is
appears. Coincidence?), it's an assuring thought to know that it could go
on for the rest of the year. You can submit at
http://qotw.net/submit.php.

 Quotes and such and so forth!:

"Allie, I
never thought of you as a free-floating sexual object before."
--Ms.
Bluestein, on the "whale song" dedicated to Allie Rosenthal

Dan Fries: "So
I'm sitting in bed last night, wondering what I'm going to do with my life,
and what I'm going to write my college essay on, and I started thinking
about working at Kidstock with privileged suburban kids and working at
B-Safe with inner city kids, and I could write about why I like working
with little kids, and I like working with little kids because they're the
purest form of people and they have no pretensions and I realized, oh my
god I'm Holden Caulfield."
Marielle Boudreau: "That happens to me too,
except with Hermione Granger."

"On a scale of 1 to awesome, it was
somewhere between going to hell and boxer shorts."
--Allie R, on the
Physics AP

Danny: "Who went to those?" (Referring to John Donne's hour
long outside sermons.)
Russel: "Well, see, they hadn't invented Oregon
Trail yet..."

Natalie Mills: "Jack, John, James, Juniper..." (Trying to
guess Jason's name)
Jason Milan: "You guessed Juniper before Jason?"

"Ben,
I would like you to discuss this with your parents...and your therapist.
Mentally insane people always have a therapist."
--Mr. Davis to Ben
Kaufman, on his disruptive behavior

"Zuben, you're named after a
constellation. Shouldn't you know these things?"
--Hannah K-H in algebra as
the class discussed 'ellipse' vs. 'eclipse'

Ms. Mechaber: "What did you
get from your mother?"
Thomas: "2 X chromosomes?"

"Nature is basically
like an abusive spouse"
--Danny Moraff

"I have to go to dinner or my
fathers will kill me!"
--Mar, translating from Spanish

Remember, voting
ends at 5:00 on Friday. If you aren't subscribed to QOTW, Mr.
I-read-over-my-friend's-shoulder-while-he-reads-this-e-mail, you can do so
by going to http://qotw.net/subscribe.php. You can also use it to subscribe
to Honorable Mentions.

--Shaul "Caffeine and sugar free for the first
thirty seconds" Vin