[QOTW] Quote of the Week, Dec. 12th

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Dec 12 01:43:44 EST 2010

Dear subscribers,
I hope you're all having lovely weekends and
enjoying the early winter weather, or at least not getting frozen to
bits by it too terribly.
Last week's winner was Aurelie, who came in to
school, walked up to the second floor landing, saw Mr. Wharton's office
doors closed and said:
"Ever since I started watching 'Mad Men,' I'm
skeptical whenever I see someone has their office door
closed..."

Larry, as I recall, was none to pleased with the closed
doors himself. What was Mr. Wharton up to? I fear we may never
know...

This week's quotations, I'm afraid, are somewhat few. Shaul
must have congratulated you too heartily last week, or something.
At any
rate, here they are:

"So I guess you're serious about building a
treehouse on the wall...?"
- Kailash F.

"Somewhere that hasn't got
Korea- I mean, hasn't got the internet..."
- Cody, on "the opposite of
Japan"

"I use s all the time because I hate Andrew Jackson and I think
it would annoy him."
- Ms. Haber

"No, I don't want someone else to talk
to, I want someone who can help me!"
- a frustrated customer during the
course of a lengthy phone call with a credit card company

"We don't do
reproduction in here. That's Health and Community."
- Mr.
Clifford

"It's all opaque! I don't want it to be opaque. I can see
right through it! It's too op- wait... ['Transparent!'] Yes, right, it's
too transparent!"
- Mr. Hodgkins, giving crystal-clear direction to the
chorus during the dress rehearsal for the Winter Concert

"My train was
twenty-five minutes late and when the next one came it was so packed
that they said 'You can't get on' and I said 'What‽ I'm just supposed to
stand here in the cold for another half-hour? I'm a teacher! I have to
get class!' And he was sort of blocking the door, but then he turned his
back and I lunged past him and up the stairs and said 'Kick me off the
train if you want!' and he was giving me the most awful looks the whole
way in... anyway, it's nice to be here."
- Ms. Bardsley, in an
exhilarated public transportation rant to her second period US History
class

Enjoy. Vote, according to these instructions [1].
Also, submit
more, please? I know I'm not finding as many myself as I did last year,
but it'd be really helpful to have more from you all.
We've got this
very helpful web submission tool [2], by the way.

Also, you know that
extra email you got last week with a bunch of extra accumulated overflow
quotations? What's that you say? You didn't?
Well, you would've if you'd
been subscribed to the Honorable Mentions list. Just send an email to
honorablementions_subscribe at qotw.net and you'll be signed up.

May your
last week before break be a relatively peaceful one, and that goes
especially for all you college folk who are deep in final exams.

- Asa
"hora. hora. hora hora. hora hora. hora hora hora hora hora hora
hora..." Goodwillie

Links:
------
[1]