[QOTW] Quote of the Week, 12/9

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Dec 19 13:40:25 EST 2010

 Dear readers of QOTW,
 	It’s break! I’m writing this at 2:00 and am still half asleep BECAUSE
 I CAN (not like it’s going to come any earlier on usual weekends when I
 write it :\ ). Even so, I’ll keep it concise and essential because…it’s
 a writing style. Yeah. It’s not lack of effort or anything. Winner of
 last week is Mr. Clifford, saying "We don't do reproduction in here.
 That's Health and Community." I guess out of drugs, sex, and sleep (from
 my memory of H&C content), we can cross off two things people don’t do
 in other classes. Remember to http://qotw.net/submit.php and
 http://qotw.net/voting.php because you need to submit and…uhh…voting.

 Quotes this week are:

 “The mass of people checking the pool sheets... like this giant
 metallic sweaty flock of penguins...’
 --Dan Fries recounts his Junior Olympic Qualifiers experience

 "So... we were trying to psych ourselves up backstage, and I was going
 to say 'We're going to kick ass' but that doesn't seem appropriate...
 We're going to gently nudge ass. In a jazzy fashion."
 --Liam

 "It's seductive...but, you know, not in a trashy way."
 --Grace Cantor on why she likes tango

 “So you have a gun...oh God, I hope this never happens...anyway, you
 have a firearm."
 --Ms. Cyrier, explaining the ballistic pendulum to Physics 1

 Ms. Jackman: “What are the products of a reaction between hydrofluoric
 acid and magnesium hydroxide?"
 Josh:"Magnesium fluoride and hydroxic acid. Wait, I mean water"

 "This was a bad morning. The train went backwards."
 --Matt S.

 "Sometimes I lie and I tell them that I'm laughing at a joke someone
 told me the night before...But then they ask me what it was and I have
 to be like, 'Quick, think of a joke!'"
 --Mr. Clifford, on covering up the fact that he's laughing at his 9th
 grade biology students.

 "You see Gabe, I can hang out with them all separately,  but when they
 are together they are like a big social bubble that needs to be popped
 by a ginormous safety pin..."
 --Alex B. (Freshman) venting to Gabe A. (Sophomore)

 “Like, if Santa Claus had children instead of elves, Priam would be
 Santa Claus!’
 --Mr. Conolly explains the Aeneid

 “It’s beginning to look a lot like YOUR MOM!’
 --Mario Alvarez on the lack of submissions for QOTW [as requested when
 we had only 9 submissions, and we got two more afterwards, but because
 one submission was some sort of strange spam and the other one
 was…uhh…NSFS, I actually put it in]

 Remember, its break, but you can still participate by submitting things
 your strange and very very extended family says when you go visit them.
 A ‘QOTW: Break Edition’ would be nice but isn’t necessary. Remember to
 subscribe to honorable mentions at http://qotw.net/subscribe.php and to
 vote and submit!

 Shaul “It was 1:30 AM and I was all ‘Doctor Who or Quote of the Week’
 and one thing led to another and now it’s 2:00 PM’ Vin