[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of February 1, 2009 (I guess last time was for the week of Jan 31...)

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Feb 8 18:06:47 EST 2009

So I guess I'm back again.
This time we have a winning quote! I guess I caught everyone by
surprise by coming back, because very few people voted. Either way,
the winner for last week's QOTW was Ms. Brewster, who wisely said,
"When you have floating shoes, you really can't go wrong."
Too true, too true.
Here are the quotes!

"So that's how original sin is passed on." "Wait, by mitochondrial DNA?"
-Ms. Grant and Alex Elias discussing the Virgin Birth versus the
Immaculate Conception

"No matter how bad things get, you can always think to yourself,
'well, at least I'm not trying to carve meat off a dead horse.'"
-Ms Budding, on Napoleon's retreat from Moscow

"Ah, the virtues of beer..."
-Mr Paul

"Let's play Naked! It's the fun new game at high school!"
-Ian Strickman

"I think that that especially short fencer should be allowed to wield
an axe. She's totally dwarf-sized."
-Eli Kohlenberg, about a Beaver saberist

"My bellybutton is especially profound today."
-Emma Brennan-Wydra

"Now what exerts pressure?"
"You do! On us!"
-Ms. Jackman and Gautam, in chem

"Don't have any of that candy. It tastes like soil."
-Josh Carter, referring to ginseng root mints

"I think we should do the Haca to intimidate our opponents. It's a New
Zealandic war-dance."
-Josh Nadel (who proceeded to dance the aforementioned "Haca")

"The other day, I was bathing my cat, and some Clorox bleach got in
the water and all his hairs fell off! It wasn't so bad though, because
now we can write on him with Magic Marker!"
-Larry, discussing god knows what...

And that's what I've got for now. Those are ten mediocre quotes, but I
swear, soon I'll start taking things down, and this can only go back
uphill from here, so don't fret! Have fun! and Vote (By replying to
this email with your top choices or by using the website)! and also
Submit! (By replying to this email or using the website)

Until we meet again,
Dan "Sarcasm is just dispicable. I can't stand it" Fries