[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of February 1, 2009

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Mon Feb 2 00:08:52 EST 2009

I am sorely sorry.
This is long overdue. I haven't been keeping up with QOTW very well at
all, and that's silly of me. I guess with things to do, and more
recently, exams to study for, it sort of slipped off my radar.
Hopefully, I'll be able to keep it more constant from now on, and get
other people to do it as well. This particular QOTW isn't especially
special, because I thought giving the (maybe one hundred?) quotes that
have piled up would be too annoying. However, it's got 11.
Here they are:

"I was busy feeding babies, which is a lot like teaching geometry...
except students don't spit up on you as much."
-Mr. Sherry

"Can't you do something about these kids and their sex drives?!?!"
-Larry Geffin to Debbie Offner, as they passed through the
Commonwealth Lobby

"When you have floating shoes, you really can't go wrong."
-Ms Brewster

"Oh, don't die, we'll get to an inn and have lots and lots of sex!"
-Ms Grant, paraphrasing the characters in a Japanese love suicide play

"When we make fun of Bush for saying 'newkiller,' we're kind of going
classist on his ass."
-Mr. Conolly

"The word 'lesbian' makes me giggle."
-Emma BW

"GSA is really fun, but often our efforts to be productive are
fruitless..."
-Hannah, on the GSA

"Armani, stop flirting with Justin!!!"
- Ms. Wasilewski

"I wonder how many of my children are having incestuous
relationships.  I
haven't really been keeping track." -Michael Behr

"Say what you want, the dude gets results"
  -- Ned Carson, on God

"I tofurked your mom last night."
-Ian Tenney after someone said how much tofurkey sounds like a swear.

See how old these are? Thanksgiving! The Bush Presidency! We all
remember how long ago that was... I hope everybody also remembers how
to vote. Brush the cobwebs out of your skulls and respond to this
email with any number of choices, in numbered order from first to
whatever. Submitting is also important, and the more you submit, the
easier it makes my job (which, admittedly, I haven't been doing so
well lately...)

Sorry again,
Dan "Quote of the Geek" Fries (expect more puns like this...)