[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of February 8, 2009

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sat Feb 14 19:04:31 EST 2009

Sew.
This is yet another episode of QOTW. This thing has probably
"returned" about a bajillion times, and I'm trying to keep it
together. I'd love for some new people to submit and vote (but that
doesn't mean the regular voters/submitters should stop!) and for some
people other than me to run the email sometimes. Anyhow, last week I
managed to pull together a mediocre collection of quotes. Larry won,
unsurprisingly, when he said, "The other day, I was bathing my cat,
and some Clorox bleach got in the water and all his hairs fell off! It
wasn't so bad though, because now we can write on him with Magic
Marker!" I still don't remember what he was talking about. Here's more
stuff:

"I had to work in a static free environment . I rolled back my carpet,
only wore one layer of clothing... I didn't work naked, if that's what
you're thinking."
-Gautam on building a computer.

"The logic used in 'This is Why I'm Hot' by Mims can be applied to
other circular arguments! Like the argument for God!"
-Ethan Edwards

"In that book, there are several rambunctious children running about,
and a father whose reaction to this is chiefly to lift himself up by
his own hair, if you can imagine that."
-Mr. Davis

"This announcement is to stress the importance of datebooks and
planners. I made an appointment with a student next period, but I
can't remember whom. So if I made an appointment with you next period,
please come see me."
-Mr. Connoly, making an announcement.

"King Stephen was such a terrible king, that if I were giving kings
points, I'd give him negative two."
-Jason Milan

What kind of wimp are you?"
--Ms Jackman to Gautam, on his inability to lift a pail of water onto
a bench

"Come on, guys, I am a badass!"
       -Mr. Riahi, to his Linear Algebra class, after yelling at a
passing Ms. Jackman about basis vectors.

"lim(energy)= -∞ as t --> 7th Period"
-Scrawled on the board in 1A

"I've written a program in C that represents the lyrics of Never Gonna
Give You Up by Rick Astley!"
-Michael Behr

"After 4th period, come straight to assembly. Do not pass go, do not
collect 200 and all that."
-Larry, announcing.

So some of those are only alright, but you people really do need to be
funnier. And you people who claim to be inherently unfunny really do
need to submit the things that supposedly funnier people said. There
was one hilarious quote that I intended to include, but Camille
Simoneau insisted that I not write it downa, and that she would submit
it instead. She didn't.  Submit by replying to this email, and vote
(voting is important) by replying to this email with any number of
your top choices (no need to include the quote itself, just the name
of the person who said it, and the given context if they had two
quotes to choose from).

Hasta la vista,
Dan "The Good Guy Monk" Fries