[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of April 5, 2009

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sat Apr 11 23:17:37 EDT 2009

Hey, look!
Apparently I'm the quoter this week.
Who knew? (Well, apparently Dan did. I, on the other hand, had
forgotten.)

And there are quotes! (Or should that be "quotations"? "Quotation of the
Week" lacks a certain something.)
Anyway, there are ten of them. They're funny! I hope I don't need to
tell
you that, though. It's sort of like putting "A Comedy" on the program
for
a play- if people need that clarification, there's a problem somewhere.

Last week, Ms. Budding said "Yes, even Stalin did not succeed in
killing the entire population of
the Soviet Union. There's some good in everyone." which was funny
enough to win. Congratulations to her.

Vote! Reply to this email with your top few choices in order, and have
your very own oh-so-important opinion democratically counted.
And remember to submit funny stuff you hear, either by replying to this
email or by going to the website: [ http://www.qotw.net/submit.php
]http://www.qotw.net/submit.php

Without further rambling, the quot(e/ation)s:

"I mean, you never read about those delicate medieval maidens going
*HRONK* into their handkerchiefs."
-Kate's dad on the tokens of affection exchanged in tales of courtly
love

"It's like an Etch-a-Sketch at a million miles an hour."
--Ned, on how television screens work

"I've been thinking about probability for seriously my entire life."
"...You need to start thinking about other stuff, then."
-Eric Li and Mr Paul

"World War Two has Finland's moment of importance on the world stage--
perhaps that's too mean. Finland is a very important country, just
like Canada."
--Ms Budding

"Don't go near the pool that's making zappy noises."
--Mr Paul's advice on electrically charged swimming pools

"Honey, you wouldn't know shameless flirting unless it bit you in the,
er... neck."
-Hannah K-H

"...but first, I want to make sure you know how to use your right
hands." - Mr. Riahi, giving his students practice problems involving
the right-hand-rule.

"Most of what the orchestra plays is pre-tuba-invention music."
-Eli Kohlenberg

"Now that was terribly embarrassing, wasn't it?"
-Mr. Davis at John Atkins

"I can't work well in an all-male group! There's just too much
testosterone! As much as I love testosterone..."
-Peter Hall

And there they are, in all their delicate-maiden, hyperbole-laden,
confusion-creatin' deliciousness.

Enjoy.

-Asa "gee double-oh dee double-you eye double-ell eye ee" Goodwillie