[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of March 29, 2009

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Apr 5 00:14:46 EDT 2009

Okay.
I know this is surprising.
Prepare yourselves for the unexpected.
Are you ready?
Mr. Davis is the winner of quote of the week!
Again!
It is, of course, because he is hilarious. I'm sure I was in class
during
a discussion of lime and raccoons, but I don't think most people (myself
included) can even pretend to comprehend the true meaning, beauty, and
significance of Mr. Davis' words, "If you, maybe, for instance, put a
dead
raccoon in a hole and cover  it with lime..."
Please pause for a moment to savor this quotation, as your pretentious
Commonwealth intellect shrieks in agony, attempting in vain to grasp
this
glory of this image.
Ouch. Thanks, Mr. Davis.
Now, for this week's quotations!

"It's like Dr. Seuss' Great Big Book of Domestic Abuse and
Sadomasochism!"
-Ms. Bluestein on a student's short story

"We are all four thirds more fat in the mornings, which is why you
can't sit on the couch."
-Asa Goodwille

"No, no, I think I'm going to have to revoke your License to Funk."
-Joe Taff to Ned

"Yes, even Stalin did not succeed in killing the entire population of
the Soviet Union. There's some good in everyone."
-Ms Budding

"I'm writing a musical set in New Orleans in the early nineteenth
century. So there's this nun, a priest who's in love with her, and a
pimp who's a childhood friend of hers and also in love with her..."
-Jonatha Brooke

"Physics is like sex. It has practical applications, but we mostly do
it for fun."
- Eli Kohlenberg

"The bruises don't go away because I always bang in the same place!"
-Emma Scheinmann

"Well, first it got really hot, and then it got really wet."
-Caleb, on 'how exactly did your house burn down?'

"Why, your elbows are more ashy than a sunbathing African."
-Kai P-D, on Ben's elbows

"There are no boys in my life!  Except for me-and my boyfriends."
-Gautam

Hannah "In Iowa, there is corn- and gay marriage!" Kaplan-Hartlaub