[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of October 5, 2008

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Oct 12 16:55:04 EDT 2008

It would seem as if a QOTW email is in order.
Thusly, I present to the masses such a thing. One week has passed
since the last email was sent, and from that set of strange quotes, a
winner has emerged. With all the votes tolled, the clear victor was
Lauren DeRosa, who, upon seeing Mr. Wharton's waterskiing prowess so
well demonstrated said "Mr. Wharton's a really good waterskier, and a
really good carpenter... HE's JESUS!". These next quotes are really
good. Too good, at least. Perhaps even heavenly.

"I think the bagel cut me. I taste blood."
-Robin Hansel

"And I can turn that red light up so it's brighter than you've ever
seen in Amsterdam's red light district, but I still won't see anything."
-Ms. Jackman on the small amount of energy in red light.

"I want to adopt kids when they're like 25, and attractive, and rich."
-Ben Pokross

"I told my friend about Yom Kippur, he said 'Yum! Kippur!' I said
'Yum! Atonement!"
-Hannah K-H

"X^3=sleeping bag."
-Mr. Sherry's calculus class

"Sarah Palin doesn't ride a bicycle to work because she would be shot."
-teacher of the PSAT prep class at Commonwealth

"I don't know what it would be like not to have any boys around, and I
don't want to find out."
-Julia Vrtilek, discussing women's colleges

"He speaks Spanish: he's Gandalf!"
-Caleb Murray-Bozeman, giving an explanation for why, if Asa was a
Lord of the Rings character, he would be Gandalf

"I don't believe that Welsh is so much a language as a system of not
knowing what you're saying"
-Ben Horn

"They caught made dance fever. I hear that's dangerous."
-Ian Strickman

And there they stand, awaiting the judgement of the people. Deliver it
unto them by replying to this very email with a number of your top
choices, in order. It's really very simple. In addition, I would
greatly appreciate your contribution to this thingy by sending in
funny things you hear over the course of the week (again, you can just
also really appreciate it if people volunteered to be Quoter, because
that's how this is supposed to run. Maybe if we're all lucky, I'll
have someone else do it this week.

I await, with bated breath, your votage,
Dan "It's Difficult to Write a Little-Name-Thing That is This Long
Without Sounding Absurd" Fries