[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of October 12, 2008

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Oct 19 23:46:07 EDT 2008

Hey all members of the quotation nation,

Our fearless leader Dan is taking a brief quoting vacation, so I’m the
stand-in for this week. I may not answer the questions that you want
to hear, but I’m going to talk straight to the American people, or at
least those enlightened enough to be subscribed to QOTW. Last week,
Ben Pokross declared, “I want to adopt kids when they’re like 25, and
attractive, and rich.” To which I reply: Don’t we all, Ben. Ben Horn
was a close second with his astute comment on the Welsh language. And
without further ado,
here are this week’s quotes:

"The literary content is left to the reader as an exercise."
-Alex Grant, on Hemingway

"Dying oysters do whimper, you just can't hear them because you're
not in tune with shellfish the way I am."
-Larry

"It's like an aside in a play, where you turn to the audience and say
something, like 'Oh my god! I just killed Caesar!"
-Julia Vrtilek

"I liked this girl in fifth grade, and I wanted to do something to
impress her, so when she was in earshot I said to my friend, 'Last
night, I sharpened my tooth with sandpaper!' It didn't work out."
-Caleb Weinreb

"Isn't it weird to urinate next to people?"
-Emma BW, referring to men's bathrooms

"David has a very small wavelength, which is why he tends to act like
a particle sometimes..."
-Ms. Cyrier, on measuring David Raevsky's wavelength

"It's an LGB-Tea! Like an Amnes-tea, or a Diversi-tea, or
a Model UN-Tea! Wait, nevermind."
-Aurelie Theramene

"Who is Kate harassing and can I help?"
-Tili Sokolov (pronouncing "harassing" british-ly)

"I almost always wear pants."
-Gaby Dinkin

"Sorry, that was a typo of my mouth."
-Gautam, after having misspoken

Lovely, aren’t they? It wouldn’t be a democracy if y’all didn’t vote,
so vote! You can do so by replying to this email with your top choices
in numerical order. You can vote for one, or you can vote for all ten.
Whatever floats your figurative boat. Also, it would be fantastic if
you submitted the funny things you and your friends say by either
replying to this email or going to www.qotw.net and using the helpful
little“submit” thing.

Quotatiously yours,
Allie “Caller ID—good or bad?” Rosenthal

P.S. Dan apologizes for the lateness of this email, as he sent it to
himself and not to all y'alls Saturday night. Sorry.