[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of November 9, 2008

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Nov 16 10:39:01 EST 2008

Salut!
To avoid being late, I'm sending this out now! Huzzah! Everyone will
now be able to quench his or her thirst for hilarity in quote form.
Thusly, I present you with the winner from last week. Drum roll,
please... Mr. Davis claimed victory. He, in response to a comment
about losers at Commonwealth, said, "We're all losers here. Except for
Ned." So congratulations to Mr. Davis, and congratulations to Ned.
Now, for fear of myself becoming an even greater loser by failing to
deliver your quotes, here they are:

"I called your bluff. I was like 'Yo, Bluff, how's it going? And your
Bluff was like 'What are you wearing?' So I hung up on him."
-Ian Strickman, after calling a bluff.

"I think it would be fun if you had voices you in your head, but
instead of telling you to kill your friends or do other nasty things,
they made small talk and told stories"
-Ethan Edwards

"Alternatively, 'An Evening of Long Pants'!"
-Alex Grant, examining a poster for the play, 'An Evening of Shorts.'

"The hills are a symbol, and they're like elephants, because an
elephant is always in the way."
-Siji O on 'Hills Like White Elephants'

"I thought I banned you from using the word 'symbol' for the next six
months!"
-Mr. Davis in response to Siji's using the word 'symbol' (see above).

"Don't ever start a school that doesn't have girls in it."
-Mr. Merril

"But if they're a small person, like, really short or something, then
just get 'em!"
-Eli Kohlenberg on fencing.

"You can't play harder to get than the Pope."
-Gautam, on the Pope and prostitutes.

"I hate wearing all this stuff, it makes me feel like a rhino-turtle."
-Elif, on protective fencing gear

"Some teachers have offices. I have an L-shaped piece of wood."
-Larry, complaining about his desk

And that's it. Please, please, please vote. And I really hope you all
submit something. You can do both by replying to this email with
either your vote(s) or your submission(s) or both(s)! Do remember to
submit and vote before Friday night at five o' clock. Now I am off to
not qualify for the Junior Olympics. See y'alls Monday, and for now,
enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Dan "I will take no pleather!" Fries