[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of May 11, 2008

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sat May 17 00:32:50 EDT 2008

	[-insert witty greeting here-]
It's been a fine week, and we're into the last few weeks of school.
This means that Quote of the Year is coming up. This year has yielded
20 or so Quotes of the Week, and through various methods, 10 will be
chosen as contestants for Quote of the Year. There will be one more
QOTW before QOTY, so say some funny things to get nominated! During an
Algebra review last week, Mr. Sherry expressed his giddy excitement at
factoring by saying: "15 and 2 makes 17 and 'Wheeeeee!' There was much
rejoicing." This week's quotes are:

"No Alex, your father is not Jesus."
-Ms. Budding

"Do you two *ever* go to class?"
-Ms. Jackman on a couple meeting in the halls

"I still don't get it. If you had fish in a barrel, why would you try
to shoot them!?"
-Ben Pokross (on 'easy as shooting fish in a barrel')

"So then I got an invitation made of chocolate, to the Turtle Tea
Party!"
-Sarah Stearns narrating a dream

"When a man loves a woman very much, he makes a map."
-Ian Strickman on human geography

"Ethan, I say this with no reflection on your sexual orientation, you
are the straightest of the straight guys"
-Kate Potter on Ethan's constantly straight face.

"People think I'm a Middle Schooler, but I'm actually a lesbian."
-Jean Segaloff, responding to a question during Diversity Day

"The Commonwealth Lobby... doesn't bathe?"
-Andy Arnold suggesting an internal CWS stereotype

"Mr. Davis will spear you with his eyebrows. Like a porcupine."
-Alex Elias on which English teachers tolerate rambunctiousness

"A grain of sugar is worth more than 10,000 rocks! Right now, all I'm
getting is rocks! Give me some sugar!"
-Gautam Mohan on politeness

So those are your choices. Next week, Sarah will give her goodbye
QOTW. For now, submissions
and votes are very much encouraged. All you have to do to vote is
number of your top choices. Voting ends at 5PM on Friday, but if you
give some witty reason for your
dilatoriness, I'll be more inclined to count your late vote.
Submitting is just as easy. If you or one of
your friends says something funny, jot it down. When you have a
chance, either submit it on the
website, or just reply to this email with the quote and whoever said it.

Thanks,
Dan "I Just Said Hi" Fries