[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of May 18, 2008

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun May 25 11:00:00 EDT 2008

Hey everyone,
So while your lovely quoter Dan has been slaving away at Quote of the
Week for the last few months, this is my official last email before I
pass it to him completely. He already has the quote coat, and now he
gets the blame... Nonetheless, I have enjoyed this immensely, and I am
pleased to tell you one last time that the winner of last week is
Jean, with her quote "People think I'm a Middle Schooler, but I'm
actually a lesbian."
And the quotes this week are...

"Logging is like shaving, except, instead of hair, it's trees."
-Gautam Mohan

"It was so long. And there was so much water."
-Ms. Folkman, on her problems with Titanic

"I couldn't find any appropriate socks."
-Ariana Hall, on dressing for a seance

"No. Pontius Pilate did not invent pilates."
-Emma B-W

"I would say that under Communism, everywhere you went- every store
you went into, every office, was like the [Registry of Motor Vehicles]
here. Except the RMV has gotten so much better."
-Ms. Budding

"You're like the bad Eastern-European listening device that doesn't
pick everything up."
-David Gulick, Sarah's father, on her hearing and commenting on
snatches of conversation from other rooms of the house.

"So say you have a small explosion, relatively nearby, say, a
supernova..."
- Mr. Riahi

"My parents keep wanting me to have people over, but I keep telling
them that there are too many places in our house for people to go and
make out."
-Ethan Edwards

"It's really fascinating that cummerbunds are so pointless, and yet
are absolutley essential."
-Ben Pokross

"I took Communion a few times, because my high school girlfriend ran a
Christian group. And I don't remember anyone being killed."
-Mr. Davis

Thank you all, and remember to vote.

-Sarah "I'm not sure what I'm doing with my life after this but what
ever it is, it's going to be AWESOME" Gulick