[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of April 13, 2008

qotw at qotw.net qotw at qotw.net
Sun Apr 20 12:15:11 EDT 2008

Oy!
It's that time again, time for me to tell you what you said, and you to
tell me what you think is funniest (this phenomenon, referred to in some
circles as 'voting' is surprisingly rare for its simplicity). Last week,
at possibly the most awesome announcements ever (considering Alex
Matheson's keyboard solo and Danny Moraff's Boston NOW eulogy), Ms.
Jackman angrily said, "Definition of deadline: 'A line drawn in a prison,
which a prisoner crosses at the risk of being shot.' The deadline for
Hancock permission slips was Tuesday; I'll leave you to decide what that
means." For this week, your options are as follows:

"40? Sorry, is 72 too many virgins?"
-Alex D-I on Islamic martyrs

"Everything I touch turns to tangent."
-Ethan Edwards, discouraged about English class

"Ben, want to give it a stab?"
-Ms. Dale, referring to analysis of 'Julius Caesar'

"Thats what we do here, but here, we call the holes essays." -Mr. Davis
upon hearing that digging holes (as in 'Holes' by Louis Sachar) builds
character

"Julia is somewhat notorious for her love affairs across Rome."
-Ms. Budding, hopefully not referring to Julia Vrtilek

"What is the plural of Jesus? Jesii?"
-Gautam Mohan

"Yeah, about beating people with chairs..."
-Norton on the Roman Senate

"Well cut off my legs and call me 'Shorty'"
-Danny Moraff

"And you almost caught it with your neck too!"
-Jeremy Williams as someone walked through the frisbee throng and was hit

Danny couldn't do Ben Kuhn's hair.  It would get lost.
-Hannah Telegen

There you have it. If you could vote, that'd be awesome, and it'd be even
awesomer if you'd submit. All you have to do is reply to this very email
with 1, 4, 9, π or 42 of your favorite quotes (if you can accomplish
this, bonus points to you) by 5PM Friday night. To submit quotes, you can
send an email to this address or do it on the website (qotw.net).
Until next time,
Dan 'Welcome to the Bassoon' Fries