[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of April 6, 2008

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Apr 13 17:10:52 EDT 2008

Hola Quotophiles!
Another week ends, bringing us that much closer to whatever it is
you're waiting for. Last week, Ms. Budding said: "And then Alexander
tried to run Phillip through with his spear, which you'll find is a
common motif in banquets at which Alex is present." everyone seemed to
find this funny and voted for it. Ms. Budding again wins QOTW. Now for
the current quote contestants:

"Well, I wasn't *trying* to feel you up..."
-Sarah Gulick, on gesturing wildly.

"But shouldn't he be used to the king dying by now?"
-Lauren DeRosa on Hamlet

"I was listening to both, Mr. Paul! It's why you have two ears!"
-Sam Davis in response to the accusation that he was listening to
Armand, not Mr Paul

"Every time I walk by the Science Museum, I can't help but think of
that time we went to the Science Museum..."
-Miranda Muise upon reminiscing

"I love that there's no way to tell whether 'butthead' is pronounced
'butt-head' or 'but-theed'"
-Ben Horn out of the blue

"Definition of deadline: 'A line drawn in a prison, which a prisoner
crosses at the risk of being shot.' The deadline for Hancock
permission slips was Tuesday; I'll leave you to decide what that means."
-Ms. Jackman at announcements

"Huh, I don't know if I would go up to a random guy and say, 'Hey man,
you've got a hitchhiker's thumb, lets get it on!'"
-Hannah KH on genetic test crosses

"It's really dark in there when you don't turn the lights on."
-Leora, referring to the girls bathroom.

"When was this written, and why do we care? Actually... don't answer
that."
-Ms. Budding on a passage from the Book of Daniel

"They're going to track me down to steal my identity. And my kidneys,
for the black market."
-Chloe Dodge

It was hard to narrow this down to ten, because people actually
submitted! To everyone who submitted, thanks, you guys are awesome! To
everyone who voted, you guys are also awesome! To everyone who did
neither, you guys have the potential to be awesome! So vote by
replying to this email with any number of your top choices by Friday
at 5PM.

Thanks a bunch (of bananas),
Dan "With a blender" Fries