[QOTW] Quote of the Week, October 14th, 2007

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Oct 14 16:01:07 EDT 2007

Greetings, everyone,
I'm sorry this email is a little late.  As Sarah said last week, it
shouldn't happen again.  This week, there was a tie between Mario Alvarez
with "David Hasselhoff doesn't have microwave hands, he has nose lasers."
and Ben Pokross with "The worst part is when I realize that all my
emotions are from movies from the 80's."  Also, we're having a special
edition this week: instead of ten quotes, there are only going to be five!

Here are the quotes:

"I'm confused.  You see, I'm not wearing socks--I mean shoes." -Ben Horn

"I had some chocolate at the end of lunch, and it was all downhill from
there..." -Ms. Rome

"Yeats and Shelley--the first beatniks." -Sam Davis

"Let's say I leave the house to go to the store, 3 miles away, because I
am short of booze. I see a cop behind me and slow down for two miles, and
then I speed up." -Mr. Riahi

"If you go to a church congregation in Europe, it will be mostly made up
of old women." -Ms. Budding

Voting, as usual, ends 5:00 p.m. on Friday.  One can sign up for the
Honorable Mentions portion of Quote of the Week (even though there isn't
one this week) by sending an email to
honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net.

Alex "'qoute' is an obscure alternate spelling of 'quote'" Grant