[QOTW] Quote of the Week, October 21

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Oct 21 22:00:05 EDT 2007

Greetings, quote-lovers!
This e-mail is late. There may also be two copies of it. (Don't blame me;
I was drafted to the position of quoter in a manner similar to a
hit-and-run.) Sorry for that, but since hunger is the best sauce I’m sure
these quotes will only be better for being tardy. The winner of last
week’s contest was the riotous Mr. Riahi with the remark, “Let's say I
leave the house to go to the store, 3 miles away, because I am short of
booze. I see a cop behind me and slow down for two miles, and then I speed
up." Pat yourself on the back if you voted for that one, and peruse the
following:

"A friend of mine agreed to participate in a harvest festival. I wasn't
quite sure he's about to do what it requires of him, but he's pretty
confident and his boyfriend thinks it's okay." - Lydia Carr, on Scottish
pagan celebrations

"Fifteen thousand peasants were killed, exclamation point
sorry, that's
the first example that came to mind." - Ms. Budding, giving a punctuation
lesson

"My life is bracketed by Mathesons!" - Ms. Grant (no context given)

"Everything exists. The question is, when does it break?" - Mr. Paul, on
engineering vs. mathematics

“You’re making my flashcards vibrate.” – Julia Vrtilek, to her beloved

“I don’t know if I’d rather be dead or in the West Indies where there
aren’t any trains.” – Ben Safran

“I’m not going to be a thirty-year-old virgin, I’m just going to be a
twenty-two-year-old virgin.” – Misha Chakyabarti

“I’m going to take heart in that, that none of you can take away from me -
[hits his heart] OW!” – Danny Moraff, on a correct answer found only by
him

“I can’t imagine Ben Horn ever being ill. If I were a microbe, I wouldn’t
dare.” – Mr. Davis

“Whose power was rising other than the eunuchs?” - Ms. Grant

Remember to vote and submit, and enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

- Tili "my father is not Jim Sokolove" Sokolov