[QOTW] Quote of the Week, February 19

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Mon Feb 19 12:21:42 EST 2007

Hello all,

     I apologize for the lateness of this email. We had a slight quoter
problem but, never fear, the quotes arrived at HQ safely and we have a
search team looking for the body -er- the quoter. Anyone interested in
quoting in the future should feel free to speak to me. We need a few good
students (or, hey, teachers if they're interested). Bring your own boots
and scissors, we'll supply the invisible jet plane and the cheese in a
spray can. I'm feeling especially incoherent this morning, so let's skip
to last week's winner, shall we?

"If you click here, you'll go to a website about the Spartan
military, and if you click here, you can find single men in Sparta,
Kentucky." - Ms Frazer (on search engines)

     Congratulations to Ms. Frazer, who beat me out by one vote to win
this week. Not that I'm bitter (funny story: the swing vote was my own.
It's not that I don't like me, I just don't get my sense of
humor). And now for this week's nominees:

"Can we gold plate a penguin?!" -Mera, upon Ms. Jackman's asking for
potential labs

"I found 'true love' on the 4th floor. It was just waiting for me."
-Mischa, eating a candy heart on Valentine's

"I want to be rejected by everyone in my grade." -Katie's (9) Valentine's
goal

"When I watch the Godfather I want to be a part of that family. I mean, I
know they all die and get killed and everything, but they seem so nice..."
-Monica (translated)

"We've been touching the floor, pulling the floor, feeling the floor,
bouncing the floor, shaking our hips, raping Katie, and giving
birth...what is it with this team?!" -Hannah on the Commie fencers

"And in her biography, she's walking on Boston Common.  And I'm like 'I
can do that too!'" -Ben Pokross, on Sylvia Plath

"'I love you. You set my soul on fire.' 'Who are you, mister. Stop
following me.'" -Mr. Conolly, on Latin poets and romance.

"I am not your room.  You may not festoon me with pants." - Laurie Tupper

"I'm going to go and look out the window at people with normal jobs." -Mr.
Conolly, to his Friday 7th period class.

"You usurp'st my line!" -Julea Vlasskis to Jamie, after he read
accidentaly read her line in English class

And th-th-that's all for now folks.

-Greta "You named your stake?" Friar