[QOTW] Quote of the Week, February 25, 2007

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Feb 25 13:28:29 EST 2007

Hello everyone,
I hope you're all doing well. This week is very exciting because freshmen
submitted quotes. It's very nice to see. On a related note, if there is
anyone who wants to try sending out these emails, talk to Greta or me. We
may even give you chocolate.
Anyway, this week the winner was Mr. Conolly, with his quote "I'm going to
go and look out the window at people with normal jobs." Not only is that
so true, it's also a hendiadys.
And the quotes are...

"Society made me sit here."
-Sam Davis, on sitting on a side of the classroom with only boys.

"The Persians were considered too civilized. Like, girly men. They wore
pants."
-Mr. Conolly

"I think I'm in love with Justin Timberlake."
-Ms. Jackman, in a voice of sudden realization

"One time, she needed somone to hold it for her, and so I went around the
school being like, 'Yes. This is my umbrella.'"
-Greta, on Lizzy's see-through, dancing-kittens umbrella.

"I meant to take a hacksaw to a battery last night, but I forgot."
-Ms. Jackman

"I mean, what if someone was like, 'Oooh, your great-grandmother was a
witch at Salem!'  You'd be proud, right?"
-Mr. Conolly, on why ancient Greeks were proud to be descendents of the
Alcmaeonids

"When I watch the Godfather I want to be a part of that family. I mean, I
know they all die and get killed and everything, but they seem so nice..."
-Monica (translated)

"I just hope people don't think it's real."
-Ms. Frazer on the new "mermaid research" research paper blog

"Fine. I'll just use your cellphone and pretend I took it away from you."
-Anonymous teacher to anonymous student (the is done not to protect them,
but to protect me)

"I'm not in love with Harry Potter. I was just decorating my planner for
the day the book comes out, and it was Valentine's day, so there were
heart stickers... I'm not in love with Harry Potter."
-Carol Moraff, in deep denial of her love.

Remember to vote!

-Sarah "Mermaids DO Exist" Gulick