[QOTW] QOTW for December 9, 2007

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Dec 9 21:17:23 EST 2007

Hello everyone,
I'm apologize for the lateness of the email- I got in an hour ago from
London.  Everyone was very British there, for the most part, and I met
interesting people. But more interestingly, the winner from last week was
Carol Moraff, with her quote "Is this my kind of light reading, or my
brother's kind of light reading?"
And the quotes this week are...

"Hey man, you've got all the ladies- and I'm stuck with a total dudefest
over here!"
-William Raoul, in light of the fact that David was in an a group of all
girls,
while William was discussing the Odessey with four boys.

" Indeed, to be accurate, we should acknowledge that there is not yet, in
fact, a global chicken."
-From a book on globalization

"Wait.. he died while in the act of adultery? That's how I'm gonna go!"
"As the first teenage Jewish Pope?"
-Danny Moraff and Ms. Grant

"Yeah! We're masculine trees!"
-Misha

"I've had sex in a field. We were interrupted by a hunt. And I was like,
'You're illegal.' And they were like, 'You're having sex.'"
-Fiona, a history applicant at Hertford College

"Yes, once in a while girls date me for my sweaters. But mostly, it's the
scarves."
-Josh, another history applicant at Hertford, answering a question

"He'll get in. He has the cheekbones for it. There's a
cheekbone-to-acceptance ratio."
-Lydia Carr, on Oxford admissions

"I have work tomorrow, but I can stay up as late as I want, since I'm
playing a heroin addict. And I look like a heroin addict already."
-David Sharkey

"Can you tell me why the Arabs were doing astronomy and not, say, writing
erotic love poetry?"
"Well, I think they were doing that too."
-Professor Tyerman, an Oxford history tutor, and Sarah Gulick

"My high school was a bit like a prison. Although the only time they
locked us in the classrooms was when a lion escaped..."
-Simon Ford, Exeter College grad student

Remember to vote!

Sarah "Mrs. Other Hertford College History Applicant" Gulick