[QOTW] Quote of the Week, December 2, 2007

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Dec 2 18:00:45 EST 2007

Hello everyone,
Tomorrow I am off to another, better world, at least temporarily, where
they eat crumpets and don't want your grades when you are applying to
college. So next week, I promise, Quote of the Week will have a British
accent. But anyway, last week Mr. Merrill won, with his quote "If you
haven't fallen in love by 17, you should complain to Mr. Wharton."  But
anyway, the quotes this week are...

"It's like they say in Pirates of the Caribbean - they're more like
guidelines."
-Ms. Grant

"The bad thing about winter is that there aren't any slugs."
-Julia Vrtilek

"Fifteen what naked?  I'm into anything naked."
-Ben Pokross

Don't intercept satellites above Luxembourg in cloudy skies.
-Danny Moraff and Ben Horn's mnemonic for remembering a curve sketching
technique

"You're lovers, at this point you're lovers, but you've got to be lovers
on this side of the stage."
-Susan Thomson

"In Jane Austen, people from manufacturing towns, such as Birmingham, were
looked on with suspicion, where as people like, say, Mr. Darcy, have land,
which makes him good, along with his other attributes."
-Ms. Budding

"Look. I'm color coordinated. I can't be Joe."
-Ben Horn, to Julia, Joe's girlfriend

"This class has a curse."
-Mr. Davis, on his African Literature class

"Is this my kind of light reading, or my brother's kind of light reading?"
-Carol Moraff, on studying for interviews

"I have to do some more senior project work if I want to watch 'Pavarotti
and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra' tonight."
-Sarah Fleming, Canadian, on the confusion between watching one and two
different things.

Vote early and, er, often!

-Sarah "About to Go Register a Complaint" Gulick