[QOTW] [Fwd: qotw hancock edition as far as i can tell, not that i can]

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Tue May 23 21:11:16 EDT 2006

Subject: qotw hancock edition as far as i can tell, not that i can
From:    "Quote of the Week" <qotw at qotw.net>
Date:    Tue, May 23, 2006 8:52 pm
To:      q at example.com

Hey there my lovelies!

It’s that time again!
Time to bust my gums and call me a buttercup. Really. (ok, not really,
really, but still
)The new Dixie Chicks cd is out, and let me tell you,
awesome! This technically ought to have been sent out yesterday, but i got
bit by a spider, had a minor allergic reaction and spent the rest of the
day in a drugged stupor, briefly coming out of it to watch the final
episode of alias. Marshall survives! Boo-yeah! And i decided to learn
Croatian last night. It’s so pretty! And it has so many new consonants.

translation{ i am a dork. With allergies. To spiders. Ugh.

But still! The bright side! I got to see lassie this weekend! Granted,
that was only because of frederique, monica and ms. bluestein wanted to
keep us all from being traumatized by the bus to hancock sliding off the
road into a ditch to avoid a car crashing head on into us, but i still got
to see lassie. Yeah. Good times.
Anyway, Ms. Bluestein wins, with her fantabulous quote "Any similarities
between Dylan and Kanga from Winnie the Pooh are purely
coincidential."

Yep.
So, here goes.

"If I were a girl ... or gay ... or for some reason he just wanted to have
sex with me ... I'd totally have sex with Johnny Depp." - Michael
Chernicoff
(ach mein gott, that is so weird. What do they all see in him?)

“A wonderfully subversive meditation on the human and porcine condition."-
Andrew Parker, Professor of English at Amherst College, on *Babe: Pig in
the City*

“You are standing on a frozen pond. You hear the ice start to crack. You
try to move, but you can’t. So what do you do? You start a striptease.
Fast! And try to keep some decent clothing on for when you finally reach
the shore.”-Mr. Riahi on rocket propulsion in action

“Is it possible for you to let us have a physics class that doesn’t
devolve into a discussion of throwing babies out of spaceships?” –Zoe to
Jenny after a discussion of rocket propulsion.

“Calling it that is false advertising. It should either be more explicit
or have more explosions. Or both.” – Wesley on calling DEBS a lesbian
version of Charlie’s Angels.

Jared Walske: That's because there's nothing in Nevada!
Andrea: Except aliens.
Jared: Aliens and Las Vegas, and that's it.
-A Funds class discussion on why Nevada is an ideal site for nuclear reactors

“do we get capes? We should get capes.” –Dylan on becoming a science team
captain

“I've become cruel and malicious in my old age.”
-Mr Traub, assigning homework over Hancock

Stuart- you ate the whole paper cup?
Nolan- only half. The rest is fattening and full of calories
Stuart- eat up. You need your strength

“Pshah! That’s the fool’s way to do it.” –Ms. Paul on doing Calculus the
long way ‘round, aka how one learns to do it in a calculus class

Well. That’s about it. You ought to know the drill by now. Sign up for
honorable mentions, ‘cause if you don’t i’ll have to threaten you. That’s
at honorablementions at qotw.net, i think. And vote. It’s your right, and
it’s your responsibility. Otherwise? I shall seize control. And we all
know where that will lead. And submit. You know you want to.

Love and muffins.
-Jenny “if kicking puppies is wrong, i don’t want to be right” Oberholtzer