[QOTW] Quote of the Week, December 17

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Dec 17 18:37:28 EST 2006

Hello all,
     Welcome to this week's quote of the week. As you can probably guess,
it's me again. It wasn't going to be, but fate seems to really enjoy
when I write these emails. I guess it's nice to have a fan. Last
week's winner was "You can be excited about life but, you know, when
life gives you lemons you'll try to eat them." -Ben Pokross, which
pretty much sums it up.

And now for this week's nominees:

"There were no boys. We talked about periods." -Kate Harrington-Rosen, on
history class

"Where're you going with that? Get down. Get down, monster child!" -Larry,
to a student bringing food above the basement

"I could pass as seventeen to a nineteen year-old blind girl." -Mr. Traub

"The British woman turns into a teapot because she's British, and the
Frenchman turns into a candlestick because he's horny." -Ben Horn, on
Beauty and the Beast

"Can we add a pin up to the Spanish board? Gabriel Garcia Marquez and
'sexy guy.'" -Adriel (translated)

"We can call it a quiz." -Ms. Jackman, asked if a test could be replaced
with a quiz

"We have a smooshed baby, two dollars." -Anna, selling a poorly printed
Amnesty t-shirt

"So what was the problem? Come on guys. They were all being eaten." -Mr.
Racioppi's evolutionary biology

"2 and 4, guys! 2 and 4! 2 and 4 is what separates us from the animals!" -
Carlton Campbell, director of Amherst College Gospel Choir, on said choir
(which apparently lacks rhythm) clapping on 1 and 3

"Either my friends decided to be my Secret Santa, or some random person is
giving me chocolate." -Danielle, sharing M&Ms

     So that's it for this week. Remember to vote by 5 PM Friday and to
eat all the lemons life throws at you. And if you want to be a quoter
(all the cool people are doing it) send a reply email with your name.
Until then,

Greta "The Tiger" Friar