[QOTW] Quote of the Week, December 10

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Dec 10 10:17:11 EST 2006

Dear QOTWers,
     It's me again. But that's okay, right? Because I'm hilarious.
Although not quite as hilarious as Ms. Rome, who, in spite of her
constant
threats to flunk/ harm any student who quotes her, has won this week.
Ironically, she owes her victory to her belligerence: "Come on time to
class. Don't worry about Ms. Jackman; I can take her on. She may be taller
than me, but she's British." -Ms. Rome. Two disclaimers: Ms. Rome tries to
be fierce but inevitably finds herself baking you brownies and playing you
amusing children's songs about Columbus not deserving a holiday on her
laptop while she moves your paper deadline back a day. Seriously, ask her
to move the paper back a day. Remember, she's Jewish, so you can guilt her
into it if you kvetch. Secondly, if any of you add a snarky opinion on the
use of "ironically" to the end of your emails-you know who you are-I will
punish you by uninviting you to the Jackman-Rome Showdown at lunch in 3E
on Thursday. Tickets are $5 (that's $5.7485 in Canadian).

And now for the nominees:

"We could call it a 'friending' machine." -Tili, if we could get friends
out of a vending machine

"It gives me a strange sort of self-esteem...I feel like a transit pimp."
-Stuart, on having 5 Charlie cards (the new MBTA passes)

"Can I empty my coffee into your sink, or will it explode?" -Ms. Rome,
interrupting a chem class

"You can be excited about life but, you know, when life gives you lemons
you'll try to eat them." -Ben Pokross

"Does he decide who's crazy?" -Aaron Stern, on Lord Ashley, the lunacy
commisioner

"No, Meg, that's the only sunlight of my whole day!" -Ms. Jackman to Meg
Short, pulling down the window shade in Chem Lab

"Yeah, well, you're trusty like Joe Lieberman." -Russell to Danny Moraff

"Join Ms. Bluestein for mellow times up in 3B the second half of lunch."
-Mr. Wharton (mind and body announcement)

"Decline moira. Hey, that's my mom's name, must be a coincidence. Although
she is rather fig-like..." -Mr. Conolly in Latin class

"Yesterday it's the British peerage, today it's genocide. I teach you more
from Regency novels than from the textbook." -Ms. Budding, lamenting
distractions

     And that's all for this week. We've got a good selection of HMs (Sign
up by emailing honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net). What we really need
is some fresh quoters. If you feel like quoting, send a reply email with
your name (underclassmen: this means you). It's fun and easy and people
will say absolutely ridiculous things around you all week in an attempt to
be quoted (this is doublely true for teachers, although they'll try to
deny it). Remember to vote by 5 PM Friday.

-Greta "just wait 'til they realize I wasn't kidding about the showdown"
Friar