[QOTW] QOTW December 3, 2006

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Dec 3 13:31:54 EST 2006

Hello everyone,
I'm taking a break from the apparently light flurry of homework I have
this weekend, seeing as, according to the seniors, juniors never have any
real work, ever.  I'm also trying to figure out when normal families get
christmas trees, since this is the first year we've ever gotten ours
before the 19th.  I'm not really sure why we even have one, especially
because it seems to be that my Jewish mother thought it would be fun to
get one obscenely early (yesterday). Regardless, we have done our part for
deforestation.
Moving on, while many of last week's quotes seemed particularly
comment-worthy by voters, the winner was Mr. Sherry, with his quote "I’ve
gotten to enjoy the fruits (no pun intended) of the gay rights movement."

And the quotes are...

"'How was US history today?' 'Oh, it was fine. I was blinded instead of
frozen.'"
-Ms. Rome

"Give me an example of a deliberative verb from Shakespeare. No? Okay.
Give me an example of a deliberative from a 1930's musical."
-Mr. Conolly, the respective answers being 'Shall I compare thee to a
summer's day,' and 'Shall we dance.'

"I'm not an oral historian, because the people I interview are dead."
-Ms. Grant

"They taxed whiskey because they wouldn't tax something obscure, like...
Schnapps."
-Ms. Rome, on early American taxes

"Ulysses S. Grant of the Army of the Potomac in the Civil War's favorite
food was cucumbers. Take that!"
-Kelton

"I got off the plane, and I wasn't sure whether I should have a coffee or
a martini."
-Sophie, a guest at Thanksgiving, explaining the problems of taking a
night flight from the West coast to the East coast

"Come on time to class. Don't worry about Ms. Jackman; I can take her on.
She may be taller than me, but she's British."
-Ms. Rome

"I'm not saying that there's a Jungian catagory of 3-ness, which I'm sure
there is..."
-Mr. Conolly on tricolons

"I suggest that you read lots of books on the subject and try and figure
it out for yourself."
-Ms. Grant on tantric Buddhism

"Let's take that out of context."
-Julea Vlassakis, on something Ms. Jackman said

Please remember to both vote and submit by sending an email to qotw at qotw.net

Sarah
'ohmygodIwanttomarryLordSebastianFlyteevenifhe'sdead,gay,alcoholic,andamonk"
Gulick