[QOTW] May 15th, 2005

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun May 15 15:16:44 EDT 2005

Howdy Ladies and clams!

This week's Quote of the Week email is brought to you by the letter beta
and the number e to the pi i. I hope all of you (who are actually students
and faculty at Commonwealth) had fun on our three (well, actually two and
a half)   hour tour. Hopefully I've gotten this out early enough to set a
precedent for getting QOTW emails out on time from now on; but enough of
the chit chat. The winner from last week, decided in a head to head battle
with Mr. Davis and Norris, was Ben Copans, with his quotation "It's warm
because of my love on English, not because I just printed it."
Congratulations Ben! I'd also like to solute those of you who actually
voted last week, out of the over 100 subscribers to this mailing list 17
actually voted. That's better than some weeks, but still pathetic. Vote
people!

Here are this weeks nominations:

* "Heart attacks are not romantic at all." -Becca Thal

* "You know, 'sketchy.'  Like 'that's a sketchy character.'  Or 'you look
sort of sketchy standing in that dark corner with your shirt off.'"
-Teddy (ah...), on the word "sketchy"

* "In Russia life is always a pain in the neck, you might as well marry
the frog." -Masha

* "This is debate, not defenestration." -Josh Billings, debate coach.

* "I am plagued with a horrible disease called 'imprecise language.'"
-Danielle Boyda

* "I won't actually catapult any monkeys toward you unless they're well
trained." -Alex

* "Eew, I hate Baroque instruments. Those are the ones that sound like
mosquitoes with laryngitis." -Evan's mom, upon hearing that one of the
new freshmen's favorite hobby is playing in a "Renaissance Baroque wind
band", which is funny in itself.

* "Romantic ride today, folks, there's no lights. And I don't want to hear
any screaming in the tunnels -- if there's pinching going on, I'll be
the one to do it." -Billy the conductor

* "There are two things that I'm proud of.  One is that I'm able to drive
from Long Island to New York City in 40 minutes.  The other is that I
was the first winner of Killer." -Mr. Conolly

* "Adults are largely absent, stupid, ineffectual, or mean.  The most
competent adult in commercial-land is Ronald McDonald." -Assembly speaker,
on the portrayal of adults in TV commercials

Remember, voting closes at 5 PM Friday. If you need any help voting
instructions are available at http://www.qotw.net/~qotw/howtovote.html
Also, I need to plug the honorable mentions email, even though this week
it doesn't promise to be very bountyful with quotations what didn't quite
make it into the normal mail it is ever so much fun to subscribe to.
Excited? Send an email to: honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net to join.

- Reilly "no, I'm not just wearing my uber cool shades because I broke my
real glasses" Grant