[QOTW] Quote of the Week, July 17

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jul 17 09:18:13 EDT 2005

Dear QOTWers,
     Welcome to the Newton edition of QOTW. Why the Newton edition, you
ask? Well, after reviewing the bountiful two submissions this week I
realized that the rest of the email must consist entirely of my own quote
supply, a large portion of which, now that it's summer, is made up of
delicious tidbits from my homeland, Newton. (Bit of a run-on there. My
apologies.) Now, I'm perfectly happy to share the quirky sentiments of
Newton dwellers with the members of QOTW, but if you want more
Commonwealth representation, from the likes of last week's winner, Michael
Salisman-"Yeah, I need a new cell phone. The only other people I see with
this phone are 13 year old girls and metrosexual Middle Eastern men"-then
you better start sending quotes in. However, lecturing has never been
funny (except that one time when that old Harvard professor put his pipe
in his pocket and lit his jacket on fire, but you don't get that caliber
of lecture just anywhere, you know), so let's move on to this week's
nominees:

"I'm wearing the world's fuzziest robe. I feel like a giant sheep." -Emily

"It's a great book because it turns Shakespeare and his contemporaries into
real, distinct characters. They're like the Wu-Tang Clan: Shakespeare's
definitely RZA, and then there's another one who's kind of like Ol' Dirty
Bastard..."-Justin, bookstore clerk

"Planktons have weird names: euphausiid, foraminiferan...arrow worm."
-marine bio student

"Go to gmail.com, log out if you're logged in, and look at that main page.
Observe the sheer beauty of those rising storage numbers...excuse me for a
moment while I drool over my monitor." -NSHS student

"We can do a Scooby Doo thing across the corridor on the 3rd floor. 'Let's
see who it really is.' Gasp! It's Mr. Conolly." -Zoe (Statchel) on plans
for next year

"AOL wonky! Houston! Ground control! We have a problem!" -Andrea

"You know how when you are physically tired you don't want to exercise,
and when you are mentally tired you don't want to think? Well I'm socially
tired, I don't want to pretend to be interesting." -Alex, NSHS student

"Note to self-if ever spontaneously combust, and it becomes a habit, find
fire proof friends." -Jenny O.

"There's a big part of me that wants tater tots. And there's this other part
that says 'you don't need any more food, you're not even hungry, fatso,
way to only run 3 miles today, and the eliptical trainer, you idiot,
that's a
stairmaster in disguise." -Bess Palmer, yelling at herself

"We could use them as Frisbees...single use only Frisbees." -Dave, on what
to do with old records once they stop making pins

So remember, voting ends at 5 PM on Friday. And why haven't you signed up
for honorable mentions yet?* Geez. (honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net)
Also, remember to submit quotes (http://www.qotw.net/~qotw/ if you want)

-Greta "you aint seen Newton yet" Friar

*Not applicable to those who have. You guys rock, and have remarkably good
taste in comedy