[QOTW] Quote of the Week, July 10

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jul 10 08:16:42 EDT 2005

Dear QOTWers,
    My struggles of the past year, quoting (can you believe it) twice
(that's right, twice) and constantly being in the right place (aka the
Commonwealth lobby) at the the right time (anytime. Except Sundays. It's
frowned upon), have finally payed off and I'm the new...well I'm the new
person running QOTW. You may call me the "Chief Quoter" if you'd like. Or
not.
     Anyway, I look forward to spending the rest of my Commonwealth career
hecticly scribbling down quotes for your benefit. On that note, now that
it's the summer and the quoter's paradise that is Commonwealth School is
out it's crucial to everyone's Sunday morning happiness that you submit
any funny thing you overhear. Thanks.
     Of course, since this is email uno, there is no last week's winner.
If you're feeling deprived because of this, sign up for Honorable
Mentions by emailing honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net. And now on to
the quotes:

"Yeah, I need a new cell phone. The only other people I see with this
phone are 13 year old girls and metrosexual Middle Eastern men." -Michael
Salisman

"The US Government needs a Technical Branch." -Reilly Grant

"All those Amandas had me thoroughly outclassed. But I ended up with the
largest, manliest horse." -Becca Thal, on riding lessons with snobby girls

"I don't want to go back to that house. Last Friday night they turned off
all the lights, lit candles and started chanting in a weird language...I
think they are some sort of dangerous cult." -A Mexican exchange student,
describing a Shabbat dinner

"Chocolate is not the answer. Chocolate is the question. The answer is
yes."   -Hilary Johnson

"I just realized I have a serious weakness for Hugh Grant. Excuse me while
I ponder this awkward thought." -Mike, college student

"Come here so I can draw all over you with my cheap metallic felt tips."
-Andrea

"Sharks are bad for your health. They're not addictive, but they lead to
much worse substance abuse." -Zoe, on why sharks are dangerous

"The story of how his hair came to dominate his personality and life as if
a sentient parasite is a tale of warning." -Exeter student-reporter on a
schoolmate's large afro

"I hate Maine. The internet connection is totally a bunch of pygmies doing
a clicks and whistles relay." -Roswell Thoman, on his slow internet
connection in Maine

So there you have it. Voting ends as usual at 5 PM on Friday, so go out
there and vote! (http://www.qotw.net/~qotw/howtovote.html)

-Greta "the Fransiscan" Friar