[QOTW] Quote of the Week February 20, 2005

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Feb 20 20:58:52 EST 2005

Dear QOTW Subscribers,
	First, I would like to offer an apology. I have had a hectic weekend and
have been unable to send out the e-mail until now. I won’t bore you with
the details (though it involves 4 hrs of driving and 2 hrs of eating
followed by 4 hrs of driving and 2hrs of being solicited to). This weeks
voting was close between Alex and Orlin, with Alex zooming out in the
last round with his quote “See? See? Someone else gets it! Pointy metal
should stay out, blood should stay in!” Congratulations Alex, and I wish
you the best in your pointy-metal dodging.
	This week, the ballots were – to me – as amusing as the nominees. Allow
me to present you with Orlin’s suffix: “You know, I've always apologized
for voting for myself first, but everybody does it. And the people who
don't do it rarely win.  Man, that's a flimsy rationalization...” And
Abby’s entire ballot (sorry for the indiscretion, Abby):

1. Ben Orlin, on the MOST AWESOME BIO TEACHER EVER. Not because it's funny
to idolize Mr. Racioppi, but rather because said biology teacher is
awesome. And if you've got anything to say about that, come talk to me.
'cause he's awesome.
2. Alex George, on pointy metal. I agree with him.
3. Commonwealth speaker lady. While no undergrad is normal, Dartmouth ones
are awhole lot closer. I love dartmouth, but sometimes not normal people
are fun too. Okay. Must work. Voting = excellent procrastination.

‘Wow!’, you think,‘ how do you vote!’ Go to www.qotw.net/howtovote.html
and everything is explained for you. And you, like Abby Cyr, can vote with
style.
	Just so you know, because I recently discovered that McDonalds no longer
offers super sizes (which I was miffed about since french fries make
ideal driving food) I have super sized honorable mentions. Well, that’s
not entirely true, I just had a lot of quotes this week. To subscribe to
honorable mentions, send an e-mail to
honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net. And now, without further kafuffle,
the nominees:

"The cracker tree: just another one of the things that was lost when man
fell from Eden." - Julian Hyde

"JoannAlex standards of decency may be subject to change without
notification; not valid in Idaho or Missouri; void where prohibited by
law." - Becca

"It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside - like I just swallowed a
hamster." - Garrison Inge

“The nature of [my father’s] work was such that he didn’t need to do much
research. He’d just sit, come up with a brilliant idea, win the Nobel
Prize, and take 5 months off traveling.” – Mr. Harsanyi, on why he was
able to travel so much

“It’s sad when your inferiority complex is verified by your inferiority.”
– Larry

“I don’t want to be family when I go to a restaurant. I want to call my
waiter ‘waiter’ and have him serve me.” – Ms. Folkman, on why she doesn’t
eat at the Olive Garden

“Unix is bad name. I mean, how do you tell a restaurant manager that
you’re going to put unix on all of your servers!” – Joe Grimm (unix is
pronounced the same way as eunuchs)

“If I ran this country there would be a lot fewer problems because
everyone would be dead.” – Lora Tamagini

“Well, you gotta learn about [incest] somehow. It’s either that or
experience.” – Eric Brotman, on reading about incest

“I thought it had something to do with costumes. I didn’t expect it to be
a hey-I-killed-someone-can-you-help-me-bury-the-body sort of thing.” –
Bess, after the dance teacher asked her for a favor

Voting ends at 5pm EST on Friday.

Micheline “It’s fitting that so many of my class are dead bunnies; we’re
all the year of the rabbit!” Heal