[QOTW] Quote of the Week February 13 2005

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Feb 13 11:26:12 EST 2005

To the quoting public of America:
	Julian Hyde is a man with a vision, a vision of what it takes to truly
win the war on Terror. "That’s right," he said last week, "the Bush
Administration is going to take on Halloween once they’re through with Al
Quaida." Brilliant words which narrowly beat out Donna Desilus’ quotation
to a victory in the tight race for Quote of the Week.
	But all is not well in QOTWland. "Another week with only nine quotes,"
Harry Alper lamented on last week's ballot; "Either quoters can't count
or people aren't submitting a total of ten quotes a week." Now Harry
might not be the best counter out there (there were ten quotations, man,
check again) but some weeks it FEELS like there are fewer. QOTW
quotations should be the cream of the crop; lately, they've just been
whatever measely crop the week happens to turn up. Go to QOTW.net and
submit more quotations, children! Nominate yourselves! Maybe you thought
of some really clever comeback a week too late, maybe you had something
brilliantly witty ot say but the conversation moved to a different
subject. It doesn't matter! Go home and plop your butt down in front of
the computer, mutter your repressed wit under your breath, and quote
yourself all night long! You'll feel better for it!
        And now, this week's quotes:

"Humans are stupid. I’m going to go live with the dolphins now." – Andrea Lam

"It’s like flossing your brain with wire strauss." – Ben Miller, on a
traumatic Calculus experience involving the Weierstrasss substitution

"My mother was killed in a pun accident!" – Joanna Rifkin, bereft

"I say normal human adults – they’re actually MIT undergrads." –
Commonwealth speaker, on her brain research subjects

"I tripped and fell onto a bunch of guys on the train this morning. It’s
probably the only time any of them will ever have a woman fall at their
feet." - Jenny Oberholtzer

"There used to be a dominant male, but he got castrated, so now there’s a
dominant female." – Lewis Crary, discussing the llamas he worked with
during project week at the Stone Zoo

"See? See? Someone else gets it! Pointy metal should stay out, blood
should stay in!" – Alex George, overjoyed to learn of Josh’s aversion to
sharp things

"I was the only one who knew that ecdysiast meant 'stripper.'" – Bill
Wharton, badass classicist

"Mr. Racioppi has gone every place, killed every animal, and caught every
disease." – Ben Orlin, idolizing a Biology teacher

"So when women look at you like they want to kill you, you think of your
mother?" Joanna Rifkin, to Josh

--Roswell "R to the oz to the well-ell-ell!" Thomas