[QOTW] Quote of the Week -- February 6, 2005

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Feb 6 10:51:49 EST 2005

Greetings Voters!

Last weeks winner, neck and neck with Reilly Grant, pulling ahead at the
last minute, was Joanna Rifkin with "Man...sometimes I wonder how
Commonwealth collectively deals with the fact that we all have friends who
give advice like, 'You should do it.  Because it would make me laugh."
Congratulaions Joanna!
If you don't know how to vote, go to
http://www.qotw.net/~qotw/howtovote.html  and read the instructions.  If
you don't know how to read, I can't help you.  If you want to sign up for
the honorable mentions e-mail, sent and e-mail to
honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net .

This weeks nominees are:

"Oh man. We should sell out.  And put our music video on 5 dvds. Each one
hasa minute of footage. And when you buy/collect all 5, you get the entire
video." -- Norris

"All things that take over the world are from Seattle: Starbucks, Catherine
Brewster..." -- Donna

"I'm a tornado! Wheeeee! And I've got a sword!" (spins around in a circle,
arms extended) -- Professor Bill North (Carleton History Department) on
"the storms of man" in Radbod of Utrect's "Brief Chronicle."

"That's right, the Bush administration is going to take on Halloween once
they're through with Al Quaida." --Julian, on "the war on Terror"

"Dude, that party last night was so ghetto!" -- A Mormon missionary on the
subway to his friend, another Mormon missionary.

"Just change the triangles to 'd's." -- Milla, of the difference between
"deltaU/deltax" and "dU/dx".

"Yeah, because before you had money, it was all about cows." Mr. Conolly,
on why the Latin word for money (pecunia) comes from the Latin word for
cow (pecus).

 "I'm going to take down [part] f, no matter what it takes.  This is why
people will remember me years from now.  Because I'll still be at
Commonwealth trying to solve the problem." -- Paul Cavallaro, on a
particularly tough Chemistry homework problem.

"That's what people in my other class do.  'Oh, you're talking again?  I'm
gonna just go to the bathroom...'" -- Miss Paul

"Way to go, sister!" -- Joanna to Reilly, when he comes in on the soprano
part.

Voting closes at 5:00 on Friday

Madeleine "Matty" Laupheimer.