[QOTW] QOTW - 5.29.4

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sat May 29 22:19:54 EDT 2004

The theme for this week is: voter participation.  There are eighty-six of
you (well, eighty-five of you, and one of me), and I would be amazed and
excited by our size, if more that eighteen of you bothered to vote.  That
is nearly as bad a voter turnout as we have in presidential elections!
One might wonder, perhaps, why I would want more people to vote if as
Quoter I would just have to tally that many more votes.  Eighty-six would
be a lot to do by hand.  But I probably won’t be Quoter again, and as a
lame-duck, my duties now shift to making things really difficult for
whoever follows me.  So vote, all of you, I appeal to your sense of
sadism!  Make the next Quoter tally eighty-six full ballots!  860 ranked
names!  Go forth and vote, in the name of Vengance!!

And now, the votees:

“If you do that, you’ll walk out of here with a very high-pitched voice.”
- Grace, to Matt

“Please don’t bring big fuzzy stuffed animals to exams.  They’re bad for
the soul.” - Mr. Davis.

“Two mermaids may be lesbian.  One mermaid, it’s hard to tell.” - Mr. Sherry.

“‘US Representative’ is nearly synonymous with ‘crud found in the gutter’”
 - Jeremy.

“So why don’t we put vinegar and cucumbers in /your/ ears, and then we’ll
see!” - Rose Kaufman, making a valid point.

“Well, I have to go be a whipped boyfriend.” - Garrison.

“Sorry, I have a lobotomy scheduled for then.” - Sara Rudy.

“You’re 32?  Goodness gracious!  I have teenagers older than you!” -
Irene’s Mother.

“I think I have a very low alcohol tolerance.  giggle.” - Alice Kaufman,
after eating a piece of Tiramisu.  Tiramisu is a dessert with a tiny
amount of rum for flavoring.

“I feel like a jolt.  Where’s the Herald?” - Poulod.

Do these compare favorably to last week’s winner of “[Seeing my gay
friends get married] reminded me that some day I could get married too.
Then I remembered that required another person.” by Mr. Sherry?  Yes?
Then vote and say so!  No?  Then it remains your solemn duty, as member of
a democratic society, to vote nonetheless.  Vote!

Jeff « adios Commonwealth, regresaré a menudo» Kaufman