[QOTW] i don't know what week it is...oh! December 18, 2004

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Dec 19 01:17:18 EST 2004

Hello! Mein Liebchens!
I think you ought to know that last weeks quote-off was won by none othr
than Michael Sailsman, in an absolute landslide, with these words-
"Diversity is like a little old lady who's got you by the ears. But you
can't touch her, because she's a little old lady, and in the end she
probably means well." -- Michael Sailsman"
Congrats on that. Scary image. I guess I'll have nightmares for weeks.
Please take this as a moral lesson and do not mix QOTW and Buffy the
Vampire Slayer. It can do weird things to your brain. Also, honorable
mentions are a fun and exciting way to get your daily dose of calcium, and
they're low in sugar. Sign up for them at
honorablementions-submit at qotw.net. Quotes! They do a body good.
Now, the quotes! You all know the drill. If you don't, I will shake my
head in a sad way at you. Pre-empt that by checking out
http://www.qotw.net/~qotw/howtovote.html
Now, make me proud and vote!

"oh, Joanna. everyone knows babysitting IS prostitution."
-Becca Thal

 "And if they don't like us, they can throw their prosthetic limbs at us."
- Norris, on the pros of performing at an American Legion facility. "American
Legion" is an association for veterans.

"You don't have a very strong accent. You could pass as a Russian person with
a speaking disability."
- Masha, on the few phrases of Russian Roswell knows

"I wish you a very merry happy new year!" Shona, a lovely, but confused
five year old recently confronted with the concept of Hannukah, and not
sure of what to say to its celebrants.

"Are you just saying eh (A) because you're Canadian?"
- Emma to Ms. Jackman, naming the homework problems

"I'm an atheist. I don't believe he exists."
- Greta, responding to the accusation that Riahi is a god.

"Dropping acid in a chem lab is not usually a good idea."
- Ms. Jackman

"The donkey watches the wood. The wood watches the donkey."
- a beginner's latin text

"Qu'est qu'un fait quand un fait des voyages? Est-ce que un importe le
cocaine?"(What does one do when one is on a trip? Does one import
cocaine?)
- Ms. Folkman, generating examples of the pronoun "one"

"You take a calf's head, stuff it with haggis, and learn why they invented
scotch"
- an unnamed writer, explaining Scottish food

Jenny "the ensign in the red shirt" Oberholtzer

ps
a very merry happy new year to you all