[QOTW] Honorable Mentions: Sunday, Junuary 23, 2005

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jan 23 00:40:16 EST 2005

The Mentions of Honor:

"Breaded, deep-fried pizza: it's like savory fried dough folded over a
calzone filling instead of cinnamon and powdered sugar.  Yeah, I'm
suddenly really hungry." -Ben Miller, brainstorming food ideas

"He ran past my foot, and kept on going underneath the space between the
door and the floor.  He's a crafty one.  I want to give him his own
cartoon show.  But others just want to set a trap." -Jenn Orlin, on a
mouse in her room

"The limit as clothing goes to zero." -Joanna, on exotic indeterminates

"The future of the Jewish people lies in your hands." -bathroom stall
sentiment at Yeshiva University

I would like to wish good luck to the New England Patriots; they will meet
the Pittsburgh Steelers at in tonight’s AFC Championship game at Heinz
Field in Pittsburgh, PA (that is, not Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA). I
give you selections from the correspondence surrounding the wager placed
on the outcome of the game by Gillette Co. and HJ Heinz Co. Should the
Patriots win, every Gillette employee will be given a bottle of Heinz
ketchup, but should the Steelers prevail, every Heinz employee will
receive a brand new Gillette razor.

“After the Steelers’ close shave last weekend, we look forward to a win on
Sunday and enjoying of your fine products.” –Bill Johnson, HJ Heinz Co.
chief executive

“I’m confident that the Patriots will win with a nick on Sunday
 Our team
has proven that it can win games by both hug and razor-thin margins
 The
close the game, the smoother the play.” –Jim Kilts, Gillette Co. chief
executive

-Ben "Modern Day Renaissance Man" Miller